OneWheel raises another 3.2 million!

• It will be interesting to see what they do with the money. The story mentions expanding production but it seems like they have not yet broken through the early adopter/extreme rider enthusiast to average people who can afford it. I'd say casual snowboarders in the late 20s to 40s would be the largest target market to start. This group is fairly large yet would not be intimidated by the extreme nature of ow and most of them can afford it. I'm guessing this is why they started selling stock to some sporting good retail stores who are frequented by this group. But it seems like sales may have been slow at these retail outlets given how much stock has been as reported as available in some posts here. For the most part I still think ow has not entered the consciousness of the vast majority of people. Looking forward to seeing what they are cooking up to get that to change.

• Everyone I meet who tries one loves it. Not everyone is willing to shell out $1,500 though - With the cost of a good mountain bike, road bike, SUP, kayak and associated gear, snowboard or ski set up the cost is really not that different. Its just another arrow in my quiver of toys is what I tell folks. Its my gym membership. 2 of my buddies own a OneWheel and we ride all the time together so another fantastic social toy or piece of technology. And it does not cost anything to ride other than plugging it into the wall to charge. Well maybe when I stop into the bar to recharge over a pint. 20 minute charge and 20 minute for a pint. Coincidence? I think not! haha - OneWheel to rule them all!

• @atl1wheelin Losing weight/getting in better shape is one of the reasons (I told myself) I was getting a OW. I just now got my heartrate monitor back, but my OW needed some repairs. Thus, I didn't get a chance to see how many calories a ride burns. My guess is that it isn't much, but I could be wrong. You definitely feel it in the quads and the calves.

Have you been able to determine if it's any good for cardio? I saw a video of a female rider who stops and does crunches and presses with hers, so I suppose that it would be more of a workout if you use it like that.

• @hekkubus What happened to your OneWheel? On the weekends when the trails are not a sloppy mess from the rain we ride single track mtn biking/hiking trails. We do probably 7-12 loops per session where as each loop is between 1/2 and 1 mile long. With 1 or 2 charging sessions where we drink water and get a snack. I get home from those rad sessions and am beat and usually in bed early. I bet we are burning more calories then we know especially on single track where your using your entire body. I usually work up a pretty big sweat as well.

• So great for them!! I'm looking forward to having a support line :)

• @hekkubus I'm not sure about the cardio aspect, but like @atl1wheelin said, you can definitely feel it in your legs. And the better you get, the more you can push it, and the more range of movement you'll get, which means a better workout.

I've been trying to learn different trick moves lately and after an hour or so, my legs and abs are on fire, and I'm definitely sleeping good now.

• @hekkubus Plus, I find I'm snacking less because I'm out on the OW rather than on the couch watching TV.

• I got two of my buddies to by a OneWheel and I will say you get way better way quicker when riding with someone. Way more creative as well. I work from home and live across the street from a park with basically unlimited features. Heres a few of the drops we have been doing with a ton more in store as we learn to ride bigger drops and get better at riding. One more real cool trick or technique is to find a little hill, ride up it like your skating a half pipe and then when you get to the top of the transition kick turn like your on a skateboard. Not crazy hard but a cool little skill to have. When you got that done do it back side which is way scarier and tougher. Here are two little drops that took no time to nail. Just gotta go for it and have friends that push you a bit.
    https://youtu.be/sJhd7Ir43tg
    https://youtu.be/cu42w-oTqjI

• @atl1wheelin And friends with 1,500 extra bucks to spend!

• @atl1wheelin I wish I had friends...
    with one wheels too!

• @thegreck said:

@hekkubus I'm not sure about the cardio aspect, but like @atl1wheelin said, you can definitely feel it in your legs. And the better you get, the more you can push it, and the more range of movement you'll get, which means a better workout.

I've been trying to learn different trick moves lately and after an hour or so, my legs and abs are on fire, and I'm definitely sleeping good now.

My ankles are bad from various injuries over the years, and I can really feel the burn in my front (left) ankle). I teach at a fairly large high school, and it's awesome riding around at night. I'm going to start picking up the OW and doing lunges up the steps. It weighs enough to give a little bit of resistance.

• After a good 45 min ride I don't feel sore in particular, but there is some sort of "low level burn" feeling in my whole body. I'm guessing it's because I'm using smaller stabilizer muscles instead of the typical large ones (quads etc)

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.