Any other UK riders? Ever had any problems with the police?

• I'm based in York, just wondering how many others there are in the UK and where. I've never seen anyone else on a OW although I've spotted someone here on one of those unicycle-style wheels, flying round the ring road in the middle of the night!

Anyone ever been stopped by the police? I was practicing on a cycle path/track that runs round the outside of the city and a officer on a bike stopped to chat and told me it would be breaking the law to ride them on public footpaths or roads. He said he personally thought it was a pathetic law but didn't want me to get caught out. Bit of a downer though, if that's something to worry about. No idea what sort of fines there would be involved with that...?

• @AdamDoubleG Hey Adam I'm based down near Portsmouth. I've had a few run ins with the local bobbies down here and they've been good as gold.

They were more interested in the board than anything else and mentioned the law but said as long as I don't run into anyone, cause an accident to others or their property it's a common sense kind of law.

• @AdamDoubleG same here - seen police in Swansea and they just looked like wtf - in Tenby I let a police offer have a go and they essentially said just use it where you would use a bike and use your brain

• Anyone else in the UK? Wondering if there's anyone else nearby, or if anyone would want to meet up.

• I've been riding my OW everywhere in Bristol.. no problems at all. 😎😀🏄

Do you ride on the pavement or road? Or both?

I was riding my OneWheel on the road and a lady in her car sounded her horn at me.
    So I went on the pavement so she could pass.

She said: excuse me, Do you pay road Tax?
    I said: No...

Feel a little bit guilty for riding in the road, just wondered if any of you lot have had similar experiences. 😕

• No issues here.. Police have watched me many a times on pavement and roads and just smiled.

TJO4... There's no such thing as Road Tax anyway in the UK! it's best to remind them of that anyway if they ever shout that.

• @TJ04 cyclists don't pay any tax either but I bet she would shout that at them, some people are just...
    I've been mainly on the pavement but that's because I don't trust cars and all the great trails near me are far too muddy at this time of year as I found out recently 🤔

• I've not been out for a few months, but generally I was only on footpaths or pavement. @Zen-Potatoes is correct, there's no such thing as Road Tax. I think it's an emissions tax which is why car owners pay it but not cyclists. It's as @Pogson6 says, certain types of drivers are just angry about sharing the road with anyone else and use the idea of paying road tax as a way to justify it.

• Personally, I think as long as you follow the simple rule "Don't be a dick!" The police really shouldn't bother you at all in the UK on a onewheel other than to ask what the hell is that?

• @Zen.Potatoes

Agreed. "Don't be a dick" is a good philosophy in all aspects of life.

• @Zen-Potatoes @Pogson6 @AdamDoubleG Thanks for the advice, that's cleared things up allot! 🙂🏄😎👍

• This post is deleted!

• @AdamDoubleG correct. No monies from road tax go to maintaining the roads.

• @AdamDoubleG I've been riding onewheel for 8months in and around Bangor/donaghadee and Belfast Northern Ireland. I regularly ride on the footpath in my local town after the shops close, the route takes me past the police station and I've never had anymore than a smile from the police. If there was a gang of us tearing up the place it might be different, but we all know the onewheel will be somewhat exclusive in the uk because of the cost.

I too I'm looking to get a onewheel buddy to ride with. It's the only thing that missing

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.