A bit more clearance between the wheel and the foot pads

• The current 2-3mm clearance feels slightly too little as pieces of gravel small enough to stick to the tire cannot always make that narrow opening. All too often I hear a nasty sound of such getting pressed through and it probably wears the inner edge of the foot pad quite a bit. Just increasing the clearance to 5mm should allow most gravel that sticks to the tire to pass through without hitting the foot pad's inner edge.

I feels like a good idea to even add a brush strip to the inner edge of the foot pad. Little gravel would then more softly pass through and could mostly get brushed off the tire.

Awesome product otherwise. I just demoed it here at the office and the line of people wanting to try it was long \o/

• This is why my fender works great. you don't need any tools to take the fender off to get at that little pebble

• It sounds to me like the fender is more about keeping your shoes, jeans and board clean. I'm more worried about the damage to the board caused by pebble.

But I guess I'll need to order a fender eventually. I wish I had seen that bundle when ordering the board as I would have definitely taken it. Now I'm looking at separate fender + bumper purchases + the separate shipping & import charges :-/

Any plans for a fender + bumper bundle without the board? :)

• What I meant was if something does get stuck you have no problem removing it..

• I understand your concern about damaging the board because of peddles.. It happens to me alot but once I hear it I stop and remove it.. Never damaged anything yet..

• Ok, good to hear that nothing seems to get broken by it.
    It's not that it would have locked up the wheel yet, it just makes a nasty sound.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.