Post Ride Stats Here

• I'm on a mission to maximize my average ride speed. Post your ride stats and describe your riding conditions (incline, paved vs gravel, shaping setting). The MapMyRide app is great for recording trip stats. I'll start by posting the first leg of my morning commute.

Incline: mostly flat with an initial decline for the first 10% then a slight incline for the next 25%,
    Paved road bike lane,
    Elevated Shaping

0_1456336284347_IMG_0537.PNG

• 0_1456343083214_IMG_20160224_144417.jpg

• Nice top speed @njcustom! What was your average?

• @w1ngy said:

Nice top speed @njcustom! What was your average?

Normally 12-14 but that day was like 18

• This post is deleted!

• @njcustom Seriously? Thats amazing! What shaping do you use?

• @njcustom Cool ! What app is this?

• My average ride is usually about 8-8.5 miles per charge at an average pace of 11-12mph, and in Extreme shaping mode. That is also pretty flat ground though. I start feeling pushback at 13mph, so I don't push my luck any further. LOL

• @w1ngy said:

@njcustom Seriously? Thats amazing! What shaping do you use?

Extreme only..

• @wheelking said:

@njcustom Cool ! What app is this?

Ulysses GPS

• @njcustom said:

@w1ngy said:

Extreme only..

Ah I see. I always ride in elevated. Maybe thats why I can never maintain the higher speed I want.

• @w1ngy said:

@njcustom said:

@w1ngy said:

Extreme only..

Ah I see. I always ride in elevated. Maybe thats why I can never maintain the higher speed I want.

Elevate mode is for hills or the skatepark.. It hurts my back to be honest.. Didnt ride it more then a mile before I couldnt do it anymore

• I rode back home in extreme with a much better average speed. Apparently even though elevated gives you the same top speed and acceleration; maintaining your top speed is easier in extreme due to less intense pushback:

0_1456383807475_IMG_0540.jpg

• @w1ngy said:

I rode back home in extreme with a much better average speed. Apparently even though elevated gives you the same top speed and acceleration; maintaining your top speed is easier in extreme due to less intense pushback:

I've never tried Elevated mode, but since its primary purpose is to keep the nose up, I picture it as being nothing but non-stop pushback.

• Yeah, seems that way

• 0_1456691592104_image.jpeg

• I was in extreme mode just on a flat surface and was pushing it but I think I could get it faster ... We will see

• @willardsen801 Dude! Did you snap an iPhone pic at 19mph?

• Just hit this today! Felt awesome!0_1456703070012_image.png

• My fastest OW speed yet! (Full disclosure: I may have forgotten to stop the app before getting in the car to drive home.)
    0_1456712178767_image.jpeg

• I made it up to 22mph this weekend. It was for such a short time it didnt even really register on my 5.23 mile graph0_1456714510635_IMG_0547.jpg

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.