Level of workout

• In reading through the various post - Im interested in finding out the level of workout that riding gives you. The marketing materials says its the most equivalent to riding a snowboard or surfing - is the amount of muscle usage and workout similar as well?

• I feel it in my core and lower body but I ride very aggressive myself.

• I find my calves and hamstrings are sore after riding for a while. It's a good workout for all the muscles that have to make tiny adjustments to your ankles, knees, and hips to maintain balance. Not a cardio workout, obviously.

• @Mynticelx If you just stand upright and ride straight all the time, you'd get an okay workout just from the full-body balance it takes to stay on it, but it can really be a great full body workout if you really push yourself when you ride. When I'm trying to learn new tricks, I'm exhausted by the time I'm done and end up going to bed early.

• But I don't know about it being the equivalent to surfing. We don't have to paddle against riptides when riding a OW, we just think about big waves and bam, we have big waves.

• Your feet an ankles will look amazing after riding the OneWheel for 3 months. I never got compliments on my ankles before riding the Onewheel and now I get stopped all day long... lol... Its not really a workout unless you are a OneWheel stuntman like @thegreck! I'm pretty sure the Ice Mocha I had a Starbucks was more calories than I burned on our ride last Saturday.

• @MichaelW Hahaha... yeah you're probably right. And my ankles have never looked better either, now that you mention it. Aside from all the scars from the OW's aluminum frame banging into them while I was still trying to do a proper dismount, haha.

Maybe the best part about it for a lot of people is that OneWheel is a much better workout than sitting on the couch eating snacks.

• @thegreck said:

@Mynticelx If you just stand upright and ride straight all the time, you'd get an okay workout just from the full-body balance it takes to stay on it, but it can really be a great full body workout if you really push yourself when you ride. When I'm trying to learn new tricks, I'm exhausted by the time I'm done and end up going to bed early.

I agree with @thegreck and @MichaelW Feet, ankles, calves and hamstrings all get a work out when you push your self. I find I am the most sore after a good ride off road on some uneven trails and traversing roots and obstacles.

• @Dude Absolutely agree on the off-road thing. I recently found a great trail for riding, it's loose sand/rocks and its basically for horseback riding. It's only 3 miles to the end and back, but carving your way through that thing is a full-body workout, and I haven't been as totally spent as I was after riding that trail since I got my OneWheel.

• If you want a good work out similar to riding a Onewheel, try land paddling. It's basically stand up paddle boarding, but on a longboard skateboard. Kahunacreations, koastal, and ha boards all make great boards for this. Yea, some people call it lame, and it looks a bit "kookish," but it's an awesome core workout.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.