NYC Riders...nice quiet places to practice?

• I moved to Brooklyn from NJ, and I'm hoping to find a nice safe, quiet spot to get my skills up after I purchase.

Living in Sunset Park and my street constantly has traffic, so that's a no-go....ideally I just want an open, flat area without a lot of pedestrians, so I can practice my carving and get up to speed before I risk my life on city streets.

I have some ideas, but would love to hear what other NYC riders have found. Abandoned parking garages? Maybe particularly empty parks?

• Lots of places in Jersey to ride lol just stay out of the woods or you will get Lyme like me.... I want to ride central park real bad..

• @njcustom said:

Lots of places in Jersey to ride lol just stay out of the woods or you will get Lyme like me.... I want to ride central park real bad..

Yeah this is my issue. Having lived in NJ my whole life and it being far more suburban, I could think of a dozen places within 5 minutes of my apartment to ride at. NYC and Brooklyn in particular are far newer to me...I want to go ride in parks, but not when I am trying to learn the ropes and dodge tourists asking questions. Seems like a recipe for disaster. I'd rather spend a few days practicing in an empty flat area somewhere first.

• I have not tried yet, but the bicycle lane along the Hudson River seems like fun.you could go miles without any cars, it literally runs along the entire island of Manhattan. Central Park would be fun for sure but tourists would be a problem. I live in Jersey City and the Liberty state park is awesome.

• Wow, that is two Jersey riders...I didn't know you guys existed! Should definitely do a meetup. I'd happily eat some bridge tolls to go ride with some people in my old state.

• @Yul said:

I have not tried yet, but the bicycle lane along the Hudson River seems like fun.you could go miles without any cars, it literally runs along the entire island of Manhattan.

Yeah, the "greenway" I guess they call it. I think there'd be a lot of bikers, but I could probably go nice and early...

• I've met 5 Jersey riders in person.. All good guys.. Happy to of met them all.. The OW community is awesome!!

• Central NJ rider myself.

• I would go to NYC and ride central park. You can use be on and off road. This has to be the best controled place for the board.

• I'm out in jersey I'm down for a nyc run that would be dope !!!!!!! We can even take nj transit out there and own the streets

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.