Fire / explosion Risk ?

• Hi Guys I have just ordered a OneWheel too and for safety Reasons I wanted to know if there have been any Fire or explosion Problems with the OneWheels battery as with these cheap made in China Hoverboards...

Thank you :D

• Short answer is. No.

Longer answer comes from the guys with better writing skill than I do, but in short its another kind of battery tech than those cheap as knockoff, and also the build quality is completly differant, onewheel is built to last with good workmansship behind it, not cheaply produced for 1/10th of the price.

• 2 words: American Made.

• @vafreak Nope. Google "Lithium Ion vs Lithium Iron Phosphate" to see why (OneWheel uses Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries).

• I wish I had a t-shirt made that said "No, it doesn't blow up" for all the people who ask this when I ride.

• @simenlier American assembled. The battery cells are most likely sourced Asia.

• No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
    They won't! The day you'll find a new OW for 300$ and assembled in asia then maybe. Quality has it's price. Only the cheap segways hoverboard or whatever you call them are at risk. I don't remember hearing that the firs models (~1200$) were exploding. With the prize going down, so are the production costs and the quality controll and then whoomp there it is booom boom boom. Now there are plantly of dangerous hoverboards on the market and now all of these toys are potentially capable of burning your house down.
    The OW from @future motion is SAFE and I bet it will stay save till the end. Quality will always have it's price!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.