First Nosedive...

• I had my first nosedive last night at about 12 mph. I ended up being able to run it out which felt really good. I have been anticipating that moment for awhile now and I feel a little bit better that I was able to run it out. But, I still don't understand what variable caused it to nosedive. I was on flat pavement, cruising casually, going straight (not carving), and I wasn't really pushing the speed. The only thing that I can possibly come up with is that my legs were tired since I had been riding for awhile and I got lazy and let my center of gravity shift out over the nose of the board. Anyway, it wasn't as terrifying as I thought it would be...but I grew up skateboarding. I couldn't imagine what that moment would be like for someone who didn't have that same experience.

• @Aswellie said:

I had my first nosedive last night at about 12 mph. I ended up being able to run it out which felt really good. I have been anticipating that moment for awhile now and I feel a little bit better that I was able to run it out. But, I still don't understand what variable caused it to nosedive. I was on flat pavement, cruising casually, going straight (not carving), and I wasn't really pushing the speed. The only thing that I can possibly come up with is that my legs were tired since I had been riding for awhile and I got lazy and let my center of gravity shift out over the nose of the board. Anyway, it wasn't as terrifying as I thought it would be...but I grew up skateboarding. I couldn't imagine what that moment would be like for someone who didn't have that same experience.

Glad you're okay. Mine was on a track in front of some middle school softball girls. Face hit pavement. Was not good. Still not sure if it was me or the board. (probably me!) Was really embarrassed, so I wobbled up to my feet and rode away to catch my breath out of sight. Been wearing a helmet ever since.

• @hekkubus I was also not wearing a helmet. This was my second time out riding without one. All my rides leading up to that were so smooth and uneventful that I thought it was no big deal. I think I need to go back to riding with a helmet.

• @Aswellie I think you nailed it. I've nosedived several times by putting too much weight on the front of the board. If you don't keep your center of gravity over the wheel, it's REALLY easy to outrun the motor and touch the nose to the pavement. Luckily I was able to just level out again and didn't even need to run it out both times.

• SO you were all in extreme mode ?

• @liferomp Always extreme mode.

• @liferomp said:

SO you were all in extreme mode ?

I was in classic mode. Have switched to extreme mode and not changed since.

• One comment made in another thread like this was the rider was wearing headphones. I've been riding since last June and I think riding with headphones is a bad idea because you need to hear the motor strain to know when to back off. If you cannot hear the motor strain at full speed then I'd imagine the chance of nosedive goes up significantly unless you are taking it nice and easy...but still even then.

• @Franky I agree. I've seen a lot of people mention listening to music, but being able to hear that last-chance whining of the motor trumps listening to tunes for me.

• I had my first nosedive yesterday. Going about 15 mph I look down at my feet just to see if theyre on the sensor pads. Checked the app battery had 17%. (when Im not looking where i am going I slow down) Look up 5 seconds (accelerated probably to 12)later front of the board hits the ground and Im sent flying off. Was riding on pavement at a park. Several people rushed to my aid.

Luckily I had no head injuries and no broken bones. Scraped up my left arm, right elbow, and my right knee. If you want to see pics. Could be extreme for some people. Post your injury pics in the doc too if you want. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RYJ7O3l-sHgV-_JZbLx-K87pOjCvs9HQVnyR86mkWF8/edit?usp=sharing)

If youre pushing the limits of the Onewheel always ride with helmets guys/girls! Knee pads, elbow pads, wouldn't hurt either. Would prevent a lot of pain.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.