Error message "Need Personal space"

• Tired to ride this morning but kept gettin this message. Says not to touch blue stripe pad area while turning on. I haven't touched the area. Not sure why getting this message. Anyone have any suggestions or had this happen? I recently hosed it down to wash or excess dirt, would that effect the pads?

• Set the Onewheel on the ground and turn it on without touching the foot pads. Let it turn on for about 5 seconds, then it should be ready without getting the message.

• @brosiah_reloza yea done that still no luck :-/

• I had that problem, turned out to be a broken sensor, got a new one shipped across the sea.

• @BadWolf yea that's what I was afraid of. I hate that Ive only had it 2weeks and need to send it back.

• I got a new one sent after some fail searching. Didnt have to send it back and i got to borrow a spare sensor

• @BadWolf so what did you do with the faulty board and who did u borrow the sensor from?

• The board wasnt faulty, the footpad sensor was. And I borrowed it from a fellow swede, but it didnt take long to get a new sensor/footpad, so get in contact with support asap

• Ps. I had ONE charge used when my sensor gave up, and temporarily bricked my board and ive waited 12-14 weeks for the board? :D

• @BadWolf had the same thing happening to me once and i was pretty sure i didn't touch the sensor or anything. but i have to admit it is a possibility, that i touched the sensor by accident. fixed it by doing this:

1. turn the board on its side
    2. power it on
    3. start the app to see the msgs
    4. cycle through the different riding modes manually (http://community.onewheel.com/topic/1316/change-shaping-without-app-tutorial/2)
    5. choose the riding mode you want to ride in
    6. turn off the board
    7. turn the board in its normal direction
    8. power it on

you could try it, no guarantee though. may also be a faulty sensor as @BadWolf pointed out. in that case: get in contact with FM. they'll try to get you riding asap!

• @chabis thanks so much. This fixed my issue. It happened to me twice in the past 60 days. Bought my board back in March 2016

• @LA-Dreads said in Error message "Need Personal space":

Tired to ride this morning but kept gettin this message. Says not to touch blue stripe pad area while turning on. I haven't touched the area. Not sure why getting this message. Anyone have any suggestions or had this happen? I recently hosed it down to wash or excess dirt, would that effect the pads?

This thread saved my week. Last night, I was ecstatic at finding a hose in my building and rinsed off my board after a ride in a torrential downpour; this morning, I was frantic when I got on the board and nothing happened.

I would have been terribly disappointed if I had to send the OW to CA and then didn't get to ride on the beach (for the first time) in Montauk next week.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.