Any injuries?

• Once when the board nose dived after getting too aggressive with it, the board threw me off, my foot hit the ground, and the front corner of the board plowed into my Achilles tendon and took me down. I had a limp for about a week. :cry:
    It hasn't happened since for whatever reason. It also didn't stop me from ridding.

• My right foot is front (goofy) and when I was trying to go from the road to sidewalk I didn't go fast enough and OW throw me off but my right foot stayed on pressure sensors and tier burn my skin on the inside of my ankle. It wasn't so bad but I did it twice in one day and now it hurts :)

• I got a pretty good road rash on my arm that will probably scar when I took a spill going up a hill. Other than that, the normal spills, bumps and bruises. Wrist guards have definitely saved me more than once.

• I broke my arm after the nose dive in extreme mode 1.0 I have decided to not test maximum speed any more. I now enjoy a more relaxed ride. Since breaking my arm last December I have ordered two additional boards so I can ride with friends! I plan to get several more boards and start a mobile rental business hitting festivals and popular bike paths across the western US.

• Going up the curb at my house was a bad idea after having some beers... My hip is black and blue (again :disappointed:)
    My own fault I guess:smile:

• My injuries both came in week 1 of having the board. I flew off the board headfirst and stopped my momentum with my left arm, dislocated. I avoided a trip to the hospital by popping it back in, a couple months later it's still only at about 80% strength. I took a spill 2 days later when I hit a plastic speedbump and the board smashed into the side of my awkwardly positioned knee. Partially torn ACL. Luckily it is healing and has not prevented me from riding. My knee is at about 70% at this point. Since then I've had one non-eventful spill which resulted in a little bit of road rash on my elbow, from a pot-hole.

• I'm sure glad this thing is safe and easy to ride... ;)

• @ThatGuy hahaha. It can be... if you don't make idiot rookie moves, like I did.

• Any problems with ankle injuries? It seems like the easiest injury would be to sprain your front foot if the board nose dove but I haven't actually seen anyone complain about that. Just curious, i have a history of sprains on my right foot and i ride goofy.

• @NYC It seems to be more knee related or smashing into the ground related. I've twisted my knee when my back foot slid off the board and sensor foot kept going with the board. I've had the board hit my ankle and tire burn, that's it. This doesn't include the scar on my forearm now either. haha

• My friend fell off going max speed, his leg got scratched really really bad I think it almost became a flesh wound

• @veryous The tire burn on the ankle is gong to be the onewheel trademark for any owner. haha.....

• First face plant today. Well hands, forearms, and knees actually. I couldn't get my board to slow, in fact; it kept accelerating and I swear it had to have reached 20-25mph. I finally ran out of street and jumped just as the board reached the neighbor's driveway. Tried my best to run it out but at that speed kissing the pavement was inevitable. Thank God there wasn't a car in the driveway.

• @Code-ster I've never had anything like that happen at all. Were you pushing the top speed when it did that?

• @Code-ster without knowing much more, it sounds like you may have been in the middle of pushback, which makes it feel like you can't lean your weight back any further because the nose is already up in the air. You have to trust he board at that point and lean your weight further back. It's especially hard if you are also going uphill at the time. You should definitely get out of classic mode Asap. I hope your scrapes heal up. You're not trying if it doesn't hurt in the first week...

• @J-Glide No, I at was at a comfortable cruising speed when I felt the board accelerating. That's when the loss of control began as the board exceeded what I feel to be well over it's 15mph speed theshold, despite my efforts to ease off. It was scary! I feel like even with the cuts and bruises I got off lucky given the speed.

@sidebox I think you're absolutely right, my game plan is to lean back a lot harder next time.

• in hindsight I would consider snowboard shorts (or as the skiers in my snow society call them nappies) during early days http://www.allsportprotection.com/Demon_Flex_Force_Padded_Shorts_p/ds1300.htm as a sideways fall onto hips can hurt - I think I bruised my bone ...

• @Code-ster just be aware that if your tail hits the ground, it's very slick. It's easy to panic and remove your front foot from the sensor and then you'll also crash. Best bet is to try to keep your weight balanced if your tail plate starts skidding, and then lean forward slightly to get off the ground again. You'll be fine, I'm sure, no need to overthink it.

• @sidebox Thanks for the advice. I took the board out again today and took it real slow. I wanted to test the board's reaction to me pressing firmly on the back side at slow speeds. I found that even at slower speeds I was a bit apprehensive to press down firmly with my back foot. As someone mentioned it's kind of an unnatural feeling so I kept forcing myself to lean back harder than I was comfortable with to both acquaint myself with the feeling and build some muscle memory. I noticed that the board slowed every time and the rear never touched the ground. So I'm giving in to the possibility, and hope, that my mishap was user error having not leaned on the rear hard enough.

The other thing is that I ride with the sensors in back. It just feels more natural to me since I tend to lift the toe or heel of my front foot sometimes when carving, my rear foot always stays planted firmly on the sensors this way. But it didn't really occur to me until just now that riding with the sensors in back keeps the heavier half of the board up front. Whether or not that contributes to a slight downwards dip of the nose and thus forward momentum I'm not sure.

• Definitely try getting used to sensors in the front. That is the safer and easier way to ride, especially since you are already apprehensive about taking a spill. The firmware is made for the sensors to be up front, and FM specifically states that you should ride that way. It is okay to lift your heel or toe off of the sensors while carving and to adjust when your foot gets out of position. I do it on essentially every turn, as does anyone else riding with even a little speed. The OW will not disengage when you are moving at normal speeds. It will only stop when you are moving under .5 mph. Hope my advice helps. Not meant to be nagging.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.