Changing OneWheel Tire

• Is there any manual for changing the tire..? Presumably I can head down to my local go-kart track and get a new tire from the shop there..?

• I like to know this too...

• Same here. I would like to know. That time is coming soon or if I get a flat. :-(

• Basically here it says you have to send the board back: http://community.rideonewheel.com/topic/8/keeping-you-in-the-game

Changing the tire involves taking apart the entire board including the hub motor and recalibrating the board after it has been reassembled so it needs to be done in-house. You can order a tire change here and we'd be happy to get it swapped out and on it's way back to you.

• That's not acceptable to international riders... Sending it back and forth one more time and I could have bought another OneWheel with the amount of shipping cost incurred.

How hard can it really be..?

If I get a flat, I will try taking it apart myself. Not worth spending the money shipping it both ways. It's a $600 round trip.

• I'm sure we were originally informed that the wheel would be user replaceable and that a guide on how to do this were to be posted. Not sure what has changed. But if re-calibration is needed after changing the tire then it sounds like DIY is not really an option? This would be a killer for International riders as kjmedora has mentioned. Unless that European service hub springs up soon!

• If this is true then it is most devastating for international riders. Being a rider in Australia means quite a large cost for shipping alone!

• I wonder if there would be a way to purchase a new wheel/tire/motor assembly, then return ours for a core charge refund or something. The shipping costs would be reduced AND (most important to me), it would result in no downtime.

• If they ship globally they need to establish service points around the world to keep the costs down. I'm sure there are plenty of shops willing to sell and service the board. Shipping the board back to the USofA every time will be a deal breaker for new customers and will limit the size of the market considerably.

• I'm interested to hear a representative of Future Motion share the company's plan for international wheel repair.

• It is worrying to note that the lifespan of a OneWheel here in Asia is limited to the lifespan of the tire. God forbid I get a puncture! That would be the end of my OneWheel.

There has to be a viable solution to this. One round trip sending the thing back to the U.S. costs half the price of a OneWheel!

FutureMotion - please respond to your international backers or else your future sales overseas will be severely limited once the real truth is known.

• I wouldn't be too concerned over flat tires as products such as tire slime have been recommended in the past.:

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-10011-Tubeless-Automotive-Sealant/dp/B000C11PYW

It would be interesting to know when a service center address in Europe will be available.

For now can we get an estimate on what kind of lifespan we can expect from our tires as there doesn't seem to be much information available online. I know it is all highly dependant on lifestyle and riding conditions, but an estimate would be handy (5,000km - 10,000km vs 20,000km - 30,000km for example)

• Carlo and I have gotten ~1,000 miles out of our tires.

• cid:5:privileges:read

Hey folks, here to address your tire concerns! Let us first assure you that the tires we use are awesome. These Vegas racing tires are spec'd to go about 150mph so Onewheeling does not put these tires to the test whatsoever. Of all Onewheels shipped we've had exactly 2 tires that have been warn down and needed replacing - and these are early Kickstarter backers who have been riding their boards NON-STOP!

As for punctures, we've had incredible results using tire sealant. Almost all leaks and punctures can be remedied with a bit of off the shelf sealant. We actually now seal each tire with industrial grade sealant (supposedly could seal a hole from a 9mm bullet, no joke!) before we ship it so there are additional safeguards in place.

In addition, we are also working to establish international distribution centers where riders would be able to have their boards serviced including tire changes. We are working hard to be able to support all our riders all over the world!!

Stay inflated and ride on!

• administrators

@lynnpreston I could tell you have gotten ~1000 miles out of yours, you had some nice battle scars. Enjoy the new shiny footpads.

• @Julian - thanks for the quick turnaround! It's on the truck to be delivered today, so I will be on the lookout. Thanks!

• @Julian - Received my refreshed OW today! It looks great - thanks! Do you add sealant to the tire after a change? Wondering if I need to add SLIME to my new tire.

Here is a pic of my OW after the tire and footpad change. Looks like new!

IMG_5468.JPG

• @lynnpreston Just like new :facepunch:

• My onewheel stopped looking new after my first day of on and off roading. Then ride once with dirt on the bottom of your shoes and it just gets caked in the grip and never fully comes out. Doesn't bother me a bit:)

• Thanks FM - based on your post I'll continue using my board, even with all the little green drips of slime leaking out of it. :)

Looking forward to having a New Zealand distributor and service agent - if for no other reason than to give interested onlookers a local shop to buy their own OneWheel.

Congratulations again on breaking the laws of physics!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.