DIY $5 removable OW fender

• This post is deleted!

• Hey does anyone have a good link of where I can buy a notebook like that online? A brief search did not turn anything up and Home Depot disappointed me this morning.

• @stefanawad Might try Home Depot. They often have a good assortment of plastic sheets for other things. Doesn't really matter what you use - as long as it's pretty stiff. I lucked out in office supplies, but a hardware store would be my next stop.

I've seen quiet a few of these homemade fenders in videos in the forum :-)

• @jeff8v7

Has anyone done this recently? Still work just as good as paid fender? Also, could someone post a link to the right kind if plastic?

• I made mine with 1/32 polycarbonate sheet cut to 9.5" x about 18.25". Works great as a temporary, or backpackable solution: Another Temporary Fender DiY My area has a plastic supply store called TAP plastics. Can also be ordered online, but might not be economical with added cost of shipping. The piece cost $4 at the store here.

• @zonk117 Just some leftover old slide board material as the flexible plastic. My buddy found some thin plastic at Lowe's and made a template but this could easily serve as a replacement. The material was near the for sale signs per my friend. 0_1484529689371_20170115_122717-816x612.jpg 0_1484529712607_20170115_132246-612x816.jpg

@jeff8v7 thanks for the inspiration, man!

@jeffmccosker, @jeff8v7 you Jeffs are the DIY masters!

• I only just saw this post - been a bit out of the loop with the forum. This is fantastic though - thanks for sharing, @jeff8v7! We have A3 laminating pouches at work (I think), so I might try and use those, and laminate myself a Mattel hoverboard fender!

• Yep, I'll be building a fender this weekend. I was stupid and purchased the $85 POS fender from FM. I've not even had the fender 3 weeks and it is done. Can't understand why FM would take shorts cuts by using cheap, brittle plastic for their fender, especially when contrasted with how well built the OW is. I'm thinking of making my fender out of a thick mud flap from an auto parts store. It will be black, thick to hold it's shape, yet will flex. In fact, it will probably flex enough that I could step on it for doing tricks like some do without a fender. (right, I'm 42, have only had the OW+ for 3 weeks, I won't be doing those tricks). I'll post photos when I'm done (if it ends up working well).

• @njacobs
    Here is my Mud Flap DIY Fender. It flexes and returns to it's shape. Doesn't look as nice as FM's but it is far more functional, it won't break, plus it's MUCH more quiet.
    I think I may trim the width at the top to make it look nicer. 0_1510530255394_Fender Off OW.jpg 0_1510530265760_flap to bracket.jpg 0_1510530278462_Finished product.jpg 0_1510530294424_Side view.jpg

• I found an A3 clear book with 10 sleeves today at Daiso Japan (in California) for $1.50. Unfortunately they only had red ones at my store, though. Thanks, @jeff8v7!

• @njacobs please list the materials other than the flap

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.