Issues after 4 months of use

• Hello,
    I have been riding for four months and have gotten quite good, and am loving my OW.
    I have been experienceing 2 problems which are getting worse over time:

1. start up faouty. I power on the button and at times the board doesnt balance and start when I jump on leaving me to repeat power on/ power off process a few times. WHat is this from? Anyone have similar issues? anything I can do?

2. sensor pad getting less sensitive. I live in south florida where it is hot, keep my OW in the garage (very hot) not sure if this has anything to do with it, but many times my sensor pad doesnt read my foot even when its priceisely in the middle.
      What can I do?

Does the OW have a warranty if there is anything wrong with the board?

thanks
    Peter

• I would email them first.. Dont store it in a hot location, it's not good for the battery.. Sensors are easy to replace..

• @njcustom said in Issues after 4 months of use:

I would email them first.. Dont store it in a hot location, it's not good for the battery.. Sensors are easy to replace..

I agree. All of these issues could be caused by a sensor fault. Contact Future Motion.

1. I confirm too. It's probably a sensor issue.I had it the other day on my onewheel 2 weeks old ;-)
      The light react, but the board don't balance... Means only 1 sensor is working.. not the 2nd

• the grip tape is held on with glue dude... you know about glue and heat?

had the same problem in the hot denver summers, it's a sensor issue caused by the slipping tape

here's the solution, take the grip and it's tape all the way off, wipe any glue off the sensor, reattach the tape in the proper place

now here's the important part: STOP LEAVING IT IN THE HOT GARAGE, this is a $1500, sensitive piece of electronics, keep it indoors

when you go out park it in the shade, don't leave it out in the sweltering sunlight, this should fix the problem

• for #1:
    make sure you set the OW on the ground when powering on....having it standing up while powering on will cause the same error

• Most likely they'll send you a new sensor pad.
    Very easy to change.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.