more speed

• Does anyone have any tips on getting more speed out of the OW? My cycle droid app shows that I top out at 12.9mph. I'm 168lbs which is not that much I think. I haven't experimented with pushing past the push back yet because I'm not wearing elbow pads or wrist guards or knee pads, just a helmet. I'm sure that when I get more pads I will experiment more.

• The speed apps are not accurate.
    I know from when I tried to measure speed on my electric skateboard.

You could well be topping 15mph and not knowing it.

I'm not comfortable with too much speed on the OW.
    My guess is I'm not going over 9mph.

Pushing beyond push-back is dangerous.
    Better be safe.. ;)

• 21mph ;)

• 21.5.. Lol..

• 19.5 mph.

• So you guys that are doing 20mph, are you tracking your speed with the OW app or a downloaded app? And is there a trick to getting that fast or is my board just programmed differently

• I use ski tracks app.. I rarely go past push back anymore, to scared..lol..0_1463418050775_Screenshot_20160503-105000.png

• @donny-h
    What mode are you riding in? Sounds like classic if you're only hitting 12.9 mph. I've tested the ski tracks app in my car and the speedometer is pretty accurate. I usually top out at 19-20 mph, but you have to flirt in that zone beyond the pushback to get that fast. Stay centered...get some.

• @donny-h I use the onewheel app

• Is the consensus that the cycle/ski apps using gps are accurate?
    If so 20.21mph
    I think I'll try it in the car and test accuracy also.
    Matt

• The app I am using is Cycle Meter. Not sure if it makes a difference that it is the free version but when driving and comparing it my cars speedo it's up to 4-5mph off. When driving at a consistent speed of 19mph it was reading 14-15mph in the app. Quickly accelerating to about 26-27mph registered about 20mph on the app.
    I'll try the ski app and see if it's better.
    Btw car is a 2016 with stock wheels and tires and digital speedo so I imagine it would be pretty accurate. Someone else was reading me the speeds from the app.
    Matt

• @wr420 you are wrong, Speedo in the car are rarely accurate, they are always a bit optimistic, how much depends of the brand.

• No, I'm definitely not in classic. I switched to extreme right out of the box.I will try some different apps but I need more speed regardless. Maybe I will learn to push the limits of the pushback.

• Speedview(or Waze) is another gps speed app, I use it to calibrate my car/boat speedometers..

• @tartopom - well I guess that's good news cause that puts me at about 24mph last night lol
    I still want to try a few other gps apps just in case the cycle app I have is not correct. Just seems too fast.

• I'm honestly baffled by the speeds you guys are achieving. Perhaps it's because I have one of the first boards or because I went over the front before there was pushback and can't convince myself overcoming pushback is wise. I'm only getting 14 mph on flat pavement on a good day. I weigh 165.

• @lynnpreston don't worry, I don't go over 14mph using the speed recorded by the onewheel itself :) I'm trying to fight the pushback but can't achieve speed like others. and my wheel is just 3 weeks old ;)

• 0_1463528072537_image.jpeg

• @lynnpreston said in more speed:

I'm honestly baffled by the speeds you guys are achieving. Perhaps it's because I have one of the first boards or because I went over the front before there was pushback and can't convince myself overcoming pushback is wise. I'm only getting 14 mph on flat pavement on a good day. I weigh 165.

I rarely go past push back any more, every once in awhile I'll push past push back on a hill or something but only for a second or two.. I'm not cruising around long distances at those higher speeds, just a quick burst..

• @lynnpreston said in more speed:

I'm honestly baffled by the speeds you guys are achieving. Perhaps it's because I have one of the first boards or because I went over the front before there was pushback and can't convince myself overcoming pushback is wise.

Well of course it's not wise! Haha.

• 0_1463544603608_image.jpg

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.