Replacing Footpads

• Dear all,

My footpads will need replacement soon I guess as they are dmaged in the corner, and took water and.....you know :)
    Well, removing the footpad is very easy, but the sensored one has a connector, and it seems not obvious to disconnect it.
    Is there a special trick? like a little lever to push or something? I don't understand well how it works.

Thanks for your help :)

Tartopom.

• There's a little wheel for safety that you have to turn open and then pull the plug.
    Make sure when you plug the new one back, you close the safety wheel so it doesn't come undone when you ripping the OW.

• "Spoiler"

I will have 2 new Videos out soon. One of them is on how to remove the foot pads I will show you how to remove it correctly and safely.

• @Dude Great idea.. ;)

• "Spoiler 2"

Bumper Video Filmed and Edited, Filming Pad Video tonight, edit tomorrow. Posting Thursday. All in theory anyhow ha ha ha.

• @Tartopom je l'ai fait hier, rien de plus simple:
    Juste devisser la connexion avant de tirer le câble (il faut devisser vers le bouton côté power on/off et revisser côté plug batterie après s' être assuré d'avoir bien reconnecté le câble de ton nouveau footpad).J'avoue j'ai eu un peu de mal à devisser le bordel mais avec une pince multiprise et beaucoup de précaution c'est plutôt simple et vite fait ;)

• @fabuz Merci beaucoup :) je ne voulais pas casser donc je me suis bien douter qu'il y'avait un truc, mais je n'avais pas vu lequel :)

• They send along a little wrench for the connector when you get the replacement pads. ONE THING IMPORTANT TO KNOW the lock nut is just a half turn disconnect, so when you put the new connector back on don't just start screwing it in like a threaded nut or you might strip down the little plastic stop and it might not be completely secure. Also, you'll notice that the little plastic channel that has to be aligned is at the top so you can't see it just looking down at it, so get a little mirror so you can see what you're doing.

• @SeaP90d said in Replacing Footpads:

They send along a little wrench for the connector when you get the replacement pads. ONE THING IMPORTANT TO KNOW the lock nut is just a half turn disconnect, so when you put the new connector back on don't just start screwing it in like a threaded nut or you might strip down the little plastic stop and it might not be completely secure. Also, you'll notice that the little plastic channel that has to be aligned is at the top so you can't see it just looking down at it, so get a little mirror so you can see what you're doing.

Yes this is true. I will show this in my Video I will release tonight.

• @Dude Hi man did you release the video on how to change the foot pads yet?

• @roy1977 Not yet, I got sick and haven't done anything for a few days now but Im starting to feel better so I should have it out in the next few day. I still have to edit a few things on it. I will post a link here when I do.

• @Dude hope you feel better man thanks.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.