Stop for the Ladies!

• I had my OW for less than a full month now and I ride every single day. You get a lot of attention with these things, no doubt.

So I decide to ride in Austin for the first time last week. I went to a very popular park and began to ride a very popular running trail.

People stopping to ask question is common place and I usually never stop for anyone. As I was riding this really attractive college girl saw me and stopped me by getting in my way (not cool). So I unplug my earphones and she just unloads with questions. I answered them all and she ended up wanting to get on it, so I let her. As she balanced I held her hips, my finger tips were very comfortable with the situation. After a few tries she gave up and gave me her number because she wanted "lessons." Then it hit me... the best idea ever.

OW IS A CHICK MAGNET. The whole rest of the day I stopped for women running or hanging out that seemed interested, they used me as balance and I got to hold them rather romantically. I ended up getting 3 numbers without asking for them.

I have a girlfriend, so its futile... futile but very big plus to riding. So stop for the ladies, I know they have questions and would love to try it out... and be sure to help them balance!

• The real question is, is it also a dude magnet, or do I have to switch teams to take advantage of this feature?

Do dudes also need help with balance?

So many questions about how to use the "magnet" function

I'm being fresh; cool you got to make some friends :P

• Call me sexist but I rather not have dudes ride my wheel, if you know what I mean. ;) haha

But I honestly fear some dudes will ride off with it and Ill never see them again. Its just my bias, I really dont like stopping period - but for a lady or two I might. haha

• @Seekwence haha valid

You say you'd trust a lady not to ride off on your board? I think I just figured out how to score myself a free OW ;)

• They need an emergency shut down feature, id love to use it as someone is speeding away to watch them eat it. hahaha

• I see we have the same evil sense of humor

• The nose dive feature is great for those wanting to run off with OW.
    Remember, that thing takes practice or else you'll be kissing the ground..

• @1woman1wheel

Well once you get a OW we can go run over some toes

• @sonny123

The nose dive feature got me more than once already haha

• @sonny123 said in Stop for the Ladies!:

The nose dive feature is great for those wanting to run off with OW.
    Remember, that thing takes practice or else you'll be kissing the ground..

Hey that gave me an idea! Maybe FM should add a new mode for when we have to leave our Onewheel unattended for a few minutes.

It would be called "Anti-Theft Mode" and it would allow the rider to get up to speed, then suddenly forces them to nosedive. (We'd just have to remember to change modes before using it ourselves.)

• @Seekwence lol lets ride together and tear it up. Just got mine this week. AtxOneWheel on Instagram. Let's do it

• More ladies want to talk then men, thank God lol.. I ride my local park and they always want to talk..it's great !!

• @njcustom and they have the best questions like "Did you make that?"

Im like "Yea sure babe, all me."

• @AtxOneWheel I go out to town lake a lot man but i dont have an instagram - ima just message you my number and we can meet up and do laps around the lake

• @njcustom said in Stop for the Ladies!:

More ladies want to talk then men, thank God lol.. I ride my local park and they always want to talk..it's great !!

I guess it depends on who you are; I get stopped by men 95% of the time! :)

• @westcoastr Or where you ride ;)

• @westcoastr said in Stop for the Ladies!:

@njcustom said in Stop for the Ladies!:

More ladies want to talk then men, thank God lol.. I ride my local park and they always want to talk..it's great !!

I guess it depends on who you are; I get stopped by men 95% of the time! :)

Yeah, it seems like just about everyone who sees me riding it is interested, no matter where I ride, and it's usually dudes who ask the most questions. I know I was interested in it when I first saw it, and I'm a dude.

• @Seekwence Thats it i'm coming to ride where you are. ha ha

• A while back I found myself being slowly followed around the neighborhood by a Lexus SUV around sunset. After a few turns I couldn't really evade it any longer so I finally stopped ready to either be asked the standard questions or possibly brawl with some bandits. It pulled up next to me and the window rolled down revealing seriously the hottest woman I have ever seen (that's other than my wife of course). As most do she thought the board awesome and had a ton of questions. The high road was a climb that evening but was thankful for my board and thought...If only I had this thing in my 20's.

• @SC720 DUDE - Thats when you say "Actually my board is about to lose power - can I get a ride real fast?"

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.