Whirring noise at high speeds

• Hi guys, so I always thought the whirring noise at high speeds was a normal side-effect, but my friend that has a newer OW doesn't have his exhibit the same noise at those speeds. What gives? Tire pressure diff? Any ideas?

• Could be tire pressure but sounds like push back to me. Make a recording.

• @aris How fast are we talking about here? You pushing past pushback? Because mine whines when I do, which is just the sound a motor makes when it's nearing the top speed. Kind of like the sound a manual transmission makes when it's time to change gears.

• @BrianInMN yea im not thinking tire pressure. more of him nearing pushback because I have my tire kept at 20 and it only makes the same kinda sound he describes when I near pushback

• @thegreck @juts Yeah, near top speed, but before I get much pushback. It's a loud whirring I'll try to record later today. Not a huge deal, but the puzzling part is that my friend's doesn't make that noise at all. I noticed my tire pressure was at 8lbs, however, and wonder if my motor is trying harder at lower speeds. I inflated to 12, but haven't gone above that yet. 12 still displayed the sound, but it was slightly less. I'll try 20 today for comparison's sake.

• @aris yea I just took mine for a ride and its at 18 for pressure and got it to max speed. What mode are you riding in?

• Around 20mph my board makes this crazy sounding growl like a bear lol

• Mine Growls whenever im exerting any kind of fast acceleration, or any other move that requires a bigger power surge to the engine.

@aris said in Whirring noise at high speeds:

Hi guys, so I always thought the whirring noise at high speeds was a normal side-effect, but my friend that has a newer OW doesn't have his exhibit the same noise at those speeds. What gives? Tire pressure diff? Any ideas?

@njcustom said in Whirring noise at high speeds:

Around 20mph my board makes this crazy sounding growl like a bear lol

• @DrN3RD mine makes noise to when I take off fast but goes away almost instantly..

• Check the center main screw if it's slightly loose.
    I check my screws once a week and at one time, the center main screw was a bit loose.

• @njcustom Mine exhibits same sound characteristic as yours amigo. Glad it seems to be normal

• Hey @aris I have got the same problem. It seems to be something in the control electronics. It is really annoying sometimes ... :(

• @vafreak did you check your tire pressure?

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.