Who from OneWheel responds to the Technical Forum?

• Hi,
    I'm doing the research and leaning towards getting into this OW action.
    Product looks great etc.
    But like most of us these days I look for the bad news and horror stories just to make sure the manufacturer is on-top of it with updates and quality, if the issues are being fixed, that's all I want to know.
    In the Techincal support forum there are quite a few question posed such as are v.3056 vs V3034, older boards being "Faster" and how the board reacts past top speed, Throw off, or is it an angle issue, why doesnt it "Coast" etc?
    My question is, who on OneWheel is addressing these threads in the forum, why can I not immediately see the answer to the issue.
    Most of the threads are users just working it out or debating the situation. What's the answer, is the truth out there, where is the "Support"?
    Thanks
    Mr Camel

• @MrCamel as far as I know the board hardware is all the same or very similar going all the way back to the first boards shipped to the current boards going out though I'd guess some assembly improvements have been made along the way.

I've had mine for almost exactly a year and I'm guessing if I purchased a new board it would be as good as mine with the same limitations.

Back when I was looking into ow, info was very scarce. I needed to hear from owners before I purchased which was hard to find especially without this forum. With a lot of searching I got a real review from a real owner who loved it and I purchased.

With my experience I can say that hardware and software quality are not an issue especially since they make good on their warranty. However, there is a small learning curve but since that learning curve is where the skin hits the road it's taken very seriously and harshly by newer riders.

Riding is very easy for most within a shot time but understanding the limits are different than anything else you have ridden which is why people blame the board rather than themselves after a hard fall.

With this board you need to mind your sensor foot and push back. If you don't then you will end up on the ground in pain like all riders have because it's normally a learned experience. 1) Your sensor foot cannot accidentally come off both sensors or you will nose dive which is the safety feature that keeps the board from shooting off into a crowd after dismount. While this seems simple just wait until you are comfortable and try to push the limits as most of us do. 2) You cannot push past pushback farther than the motor is able to keep you upright or you will nose dive and eat pavement which is a limitation of the hardware but must be learned and respected.

I can say that I have fallen several times but each time was because I came off the sensors or pushed too far. Thankfully I've never gotten seriously hurt especially since I don't wear protection. After A short while or I can say that falling was extremely rare and only if I was pushing my limits.

In conclusion the board itself is great. You as a new rider would need to be very carful about learning how to ride safely and even so might take some spills in the process. If this is a problem then I would recommend something less fun but more safe.

• @MrCamel These are "user forums" which means 99% of the time, you're getting your answer from people who ride a Onewheel, but don't work for Future Motion. This is Future Motion's way of keeping down the number of support emails that would otherwise be flooding in for issues that can easily be resolved by experienced users.

If you need answers directly from the horse's mouth, you need to contact support via email.

• Ive already nominated @thegreck as a ln unoffficial employee when I first signed up here. Guy has knowledge on this thing like you wouldnt believe

• Thanks for the replies, but so far I guess the short answer is "no one" from Future Motion is on the forum.
    There's no doubt the OW community is very knowledgeable and passionate, lots of great advise and tips. I'm still keen to jump in but for $1500 I'll give it some thought.
    I've written to FM to ask if they ever get on the forum, I'm keen to hear their perspective. I would've thought answering questions in the forum would be much more efficient than responding individually to emails.

• @MrCamel If you're on the fence about purchasing, I would think you'd rather hear from people who already own a Onewheel anyway, not the people selling it. We can all tell you with no uncertainty DO IT! The longer you wait, the longer you're not riding it, and that's all kinds of sad.

• Yea, do it. I have emailed back and fourth quite a bit with much help and hospitality from a few members of the support team both before and after becoming an owner. They are there for sure

• @MrCamel This is very interesting (that's code for hilarious) to me. We've seen a lot of folks on the forum with hesitation for one reason or another (price, can't find a test-drive, not interested in having fun, etc), but this is one hesitation I would have never predicted. If we had responded and told you that Steve and Johnny from @future-motion are the guys that monitor the forum posts, would that have helped? Everyone that's dealt with support for any reason will tell you that they're very responsive, and eager to help.

Honestly, I don't think you're ready. Not trying to be mean, just honest. There's a certain amount of risk associated with the purchase of a $1500 toy, and a lot more risk when you're flying down the street at 15+ MPH. You don't strike me as a risk taker.

PS...Joe Camel would do it.

• @Franky all great points for new and prospective riders! It's true - we all take the Big Spill at some point. It didn't take me long to have my first big wipeout. There's an inherent risk in a toy like this, but you practice, you take it slow, you don't get cocky, and you WEAR A HELMET.

• I think its very simple, if someone is willing to wear fall protection, then its fair to say that virtually any human being can learn to safely ride a onewheel, so there's no real safety reason for anyone not to buy a onewheel. However, if not, you pretty much gotta come from a board sport, know how to take a fall, and be willing to take at least one hard fall on asphalt before the constraints of the board will be indelibly seared into your brain.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.