Tire change! Here is the tutorial..

• @cascadewheeler

I did and I was like

0_1508627275867_TOIKnR.gif

• @sonny123 Still not joining! lol

• @cascadewheeler 2 spoons is enough. You have to work around the wheel slowly.. it will break

• @cascadewheeler

I said the same thing for months but then gave in...

• So, after reading this and many of the replies I tried this myself.
    I haven't ever changed the tire on a Go Kart before but figured it couldn't be all that hard.
    It wasn't easy but I did get the tire off and, for the most part, the new one back on.
    (and yeah you can tell from the pictures it wasn't pretty but it's holding air perfectly fine.)

Where I'm stuck is getting the bead to seat 100% on one side.
    It's totally sealed on 'side a' but 'side b' has a small portion that won't seat.
    I tried taking it to a local tire shop (not a Go Kart place but a professional tire shop) they couldn't get it seated either.

The tire is totally holding air too. I'm 1/2 tempted to put it back on and ride it (my thinking is the weight will eventually pressure the tire into place.

Any other thoughts? I tried WD-40. Is there something better to use?

I did see some YouTube videos where guys were using silicon spray... is that a thing?

Just looking for ideas from the experienced.

Cheers,
    Kaz

alt text
    alt text

• @kazdoom

Try unbeading it again, move it around, heat up the tire and make another attempt.

• @kazdoom You may need to pump it up to a much higher pressure than you intend to ride it to get it seated. Also, use a heat gun or something to soften the rubber if necessary.

• Use soapy water for a lube when changing tires.

• Hey thanks, guys, Unfortunately, these suggestions still didn't work for me. I even tried removing the tire and putting it on the opposite facing. At this point I think I'll just see if I can find a Go Kart place in town and see if I can convince them to give it a try. Cheers!

• Just put the valve back in and fill it till it either pops and seats or leave it at like 60psi. I let it sit for a bit and if it doesn't seat I bounce it. Use soapy water.

• @kazdoom said in Tire change! Here is the tutorial..:

So, after reading this and many of the replies I tried this myself.
    I haven't ever changed the tire on a Go Kart before but figured it couldn't be all that hard.
    It wasn't easy but I did get the tire off and, for the most part, the new one back on.
    (and yeah you can tell from the pictures it wasn't pretty but it's holding air perfectly fine.)

Where I'm stuck is getting the bead to seat 100% on one side.
    It's totally sealed on 'side a' but 'side b' has a small portion that won't seat.
    I tried taking it to a local tire shop (not a Go Kart place but a professional tire shop) they couldn't get it seated either.

The tire is totally holding air too. I'm 1/2 tempted to put it back on and ride it (my thinking is the weight will eventually pressure the tire into place.

Any other thoughts? I tried WD-40. Is there something better to use?

I did see some YouTube videos where guys were using silicon spray... is that a thing?

Just looking for ideas from the experienced.

Cheers,
    Kaz

alt text
    alt text

You have to remove the valve core and pump it up with an air compressor

• Hey @kazdoom, I had the exact same problem! Like others have suggested, take it to a shop and have them pump the tire to 60 PSI. It worked for me.

• You will need a compressor.. a bike pump won't work

• Hey everyone, thanks again for your helpful replies.

I kinda figured a bike pump wouldn't do it, but I don't have an air compressor so here's what I did. I lubed the crap out of it with some dish soap and took it to a gas station this AM. I inflated it WAY up to like 55 and POP! one side seated. I let all the air out, reapplied more lube and inflated it again, pushing to 60. POP! the other side went in (just about gave me a heart attack!). So it's seated.

Here's my new dilemma. Somewhere during all this, I pulled the little round 5 pin / 6 pin (whatever) plug clean off the wire. I think that's for the foot pads. My plan is to try and get it apart and hopefully I'll be able to figure out which wire to which pin.

I'm way outta warranty territory now, LOL. Anyway, thanks again for your posts. I honestly didn't expect to have to inflate it soooo much, but hopefully, it's a good lesson for those who post after me. 60lbs or so seemed to do it (just when you think the dang thing is gonna blow up!).

Cheers, and happy riding.
    Kaz

• @kazdoom what happen to the issue with the pins?

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.