Soda spill inside OW charger

• Will the charger still charge the OW n not damaged it after soda spill inside it

• Some sodas are a great addition to marinades for meat but not for chargers.

You might just let it dry out and try plugging it in. It will probably be fine.

• @Vyaz There was an old 80s movie called Electric Dreams where a guy spilled a soda on his computer and it started talking. I doubt this will happen with your charger though.

• @thegreck said in Soda spill inside OW charger:

@Vyaz There was an old 80s movie called Electric Dreams where a guy spilled a soda on his computer and it started talking. I doubt this will happen with your charger though.

yoau said that you doubt it. So, there is still a chance? :D

• @SC720 well I try charging it but light wasnt turning on I assume it was dead contact FM they gave me a $25 discount to get a new one decided not to buy a new one n open the charger and clean it up after done I plug it in light came back on, so I charged my OW n a little smoke started simmering for a couple sec I think it the syrup burning so I leave it on after 20 min my OW is fully charged so back to riding again

• I would (if you have POWheel app) monitor cell voltage at a few charge levels over the course of a few charges and compare the data. Just see if it's typical or erratic. I dont completely know what I'm talking about but probly good idea. I'm sure someone like @kwatts will chime in at some point

• I would charge when you can keep an eye on it. Or maybe outside away from any structures of any kind. You don't want to burn your house down to save 75 bucks. lol... Just saying @Vyaz

• Yea I do monitor it since it only take about 20min to charge

• You can use electronics parts cleaner to get the rest of the residue off the PCB and other circuitry in the charger. If you leave the soda residue in there it could cause shorts etc.. and the charger could fail later.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.