How to never carry your onewheel

• http://youtu.be/_1_JxUH-r9I

Hi all, I'm still new here, had my onewheel for a week maybe now. I'm probably a genius because I've only had to carry my onewheel for a long ways once.

The first time it died on me....I decided I would never carry the damned thing again.

Anyways, enjoy the video.

Materials cost like $5-10 at the very most.

You probably have stuff laying around at home you could use.

Very stable, goes basically anywhere I can walk. Or anywhere you would normally be able to ride.

It's also possible it charges as you do this. I havnt had to pull very far, but I did notice a 1% gain when I tried running back and forth with it. Could just be the app reported a different number. I don't care to experiment further on that.

• Sweet :)

• @Tylermon Great Idea, simple yet affective.

• Great solution to running out of juice mid trip! I experimented once with a pull string hooked to the end of the one wheel on the battery end, but I couldn't get it to work without the OW tipping over. It seems the pull needs to come from above and closer to the center of gravity like in your video. I will bring a string with me next time for backup. Not nearly as cool as riding down the street, but way cooler than carrying it!

• @lieutenantglorp It might be easier than carrying it, but I'm not sure if walking your Onewheel like a dog can be considered cool.

• I asked FM about charging like that before I bought. They said the electronics have to be fired up to manage the current into the cells and we all know how much harder it is to turn that wheel when it's powered up :( too bad

• @kbman said in How to never carry your onewheel:

I asked FM about charging like that before I bought. They said the electronics have to be fired up to manage the current into the cells and we all know how much harder it is to turn that wheel when it's powered up :( too bad

I sort of figured that must be the case. Didn't feel like pulling it needlessly around to confirm or not haha.

• @thegreck said in How to never carry your onewheel:

@lieutenantglorp It might be easier than carrying it, but I'm not sure if walking your Onewheel like a dog can be considered cool.

Lol, but @thegreck to some of us it truly is man's best friend :-)

• Nice solution! I've been mulling over the same problem. Seems silly to have to carry something that has a built-in wheel, but I didn't have good ideas about how to rig something. This gives me some ideas.

Cheers!

• @badcheese glad my solution might be of some inspiration! Be sure to share anything you come up with!

• Per you, you are probably a genius? Really? You may find differing opinions on that...

• Nice! I've run out of juice 3 times, and had to get a cab. I'm feeble and don't want to carry it for more than a block or two. It would be great to brainstorm some way to eliminate the clamps.

• @dalisdair I'd probably use the fat black paper clips instead. They are small & blend in. Could probably leave them on all the time. I'll try it...

• @jeff8v7 maybe put some type of screw in there with the head sticking out just a bit to wrap around

• I hope you don't mind, @Tylermon , I liked your idea and decided to refine it. Same cost in parts.
    *EDIT - sorry, had trouble showing pictures.

0_1476968226228_onewheel1.jpg

0_1476968293463_onewheel2.jpg

0_1476968341534_onewheel3.jpg

0_1476968373992_onewheel4.jpg

• Ran out of juice.
    Found me a box fastener.
    Got some funny looks from dog walkers.

0_1476984805113_0829161819_resized.jpg

• @sonny123 now if it can just be programmed to sit, stay and heel, that would be amazing!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.