Seeking opinion on Apple Watch

• I had yet to find a reason or excuse for a "need" for an Apple watch....until possibly now. Lol.

So I am soliciting opinions on those with them that have used the OW app on their AW.

Like it? Love it? Could live without it?

How well does it perform for what you get with the OW app? Solid? Buggy?

Just wanting feedback before I plop down a few hundred.

Personally, I would love easy/instant access to battery level and speed, if it provides that (I'm having a hard time finding solid info on what exactly it will do for you, as opposed to the phone app). The phone is too clunky.

Thanks everyone!

• Love it!

• my wrist protector blocks the watch so i don't wear it while i ride

• @Wrex I do not wear mine like @itwire as the wrist protector blocks it. I am looking at a way to wear both and will advise if a solution is found.

• @Wrex One of the guys that comes to our LA Meetups has an Apple Watch, and the instant access to the battery level by itself seems to make it worth the money (if you have it).

• Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I may get one and try it out.

@itwire and @LidPhones : Being that the strap is easily replaceable, I think maybe a velcro type strap could be easily made to fit one with your wrist protectors? Just a thought.

• @Wrex might work but the watch has a dector to tell if you have it on when u take it off it locks the watch. might be a problem if it doesn't contact skin.

• 0_1471549444599_Capture.jpg

Wrex, IMO the value of Apple Watch is a very personal thing. I love it from a “keep your phone in your pocket” perspective, and a feature I use much more than I ever expected…..It tells you the time!
    Now related to the Onewheel , it is “OK”. In theory, a quick glance to see your power sounds great but in practice the watch locks up in about a minute and you have to double press the crown to get the app back up. Not a big deal but not as effortless as one would like when riding challenging terrain. It is also fun to check speed from time-to-time. Today I almost used it to switch to elevated mode as I approached a hill but decided it was not needed. I have used it a bit to turn the lights off (I run lights off during the day). All of this is predicated that the app is up and running on the phone in our pocket.
    As far as wearing, I have a simple solution…loosen band to the largest setting and slide up your arm (see pic). Works great!
    Happy travels!

• @itwire said in Seeking opinion on Apple Watch:

@Wrex might work but the watch has a dector to tell if you have it on when u take it off it locks the watch. might be a problem if it doesn't contact skin.

Oh I didn't realize that. Lol. Yet to buy one.

Wonder if that could be overridden?

• @Beck1305 said in Seeking opinion on Apple Watch:

0_1471549444599_Capture.jpg

Wrex, IMO the value of Apple Watch is a very personal thing. I love it from a “keep your phone in your pocket” perspective, and a feature I use much more than I ever expected…..It tells you the time!
    Now related to the Onewheel , it is “OK”. In theory, a quick glance to see your power sounds great but in practice the watch locks up in about a minute and you have to double press the crown to get the app back up. Not a big deal but not as effortless as one would like when riding challenging terrain. It is also fun to check speed from time-to-time. Today I almost used it to switch to elevated mode as I approached a hill but decided it was not needed. I have used it a bit to turn the lights off (I run lights off during the day). All of this is predicated that the app is up and running on the phone in our pocket.
    As far as wearing, I have a simple solution…loosen band to the largest setting and slide up your arm (see pic). Works great!
    Happy travels!

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

• @Wrex i have the triple eight goes farther down

• @Wrex nice toy box

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.