Programmer here, im interested in making a better OneWheel app

• Is there documentation and an API where we can access the onewheel internals? Im curious if we can develop apps for the OW.

• Ask ktwatts, he created the powheel app on the play store..

• @RogueStar Did you ever find developer documentation? I am interested also.

• I am guessing I can just have a sample app scan for a nearby bluetooth device and then attempt to discover the services that bluetooth device offers, but documentation sure would be easier.

• Ask @SeeTheInvisible, he's created an incredible app. If I were you, I'd save my time and just buy owheelbuddy...worth every penny and I'm not sure it could be done much better.

• @jordo said in Programmer here, im interested in making a better OneWheel app:

Ask @SeeTheInvisible, he's created an incredible app. If I were you, I'd save my time and just buy owheelbuddy...worth every penny and I'm not sure it could be done much better.

And it just keeps getting better and better

• You do have some big shoes to fill, IMO but go for it! Competition breeds creation, I say.

• @augie09 There's no documentation, but to communicate with the board is a rather easy task as everything runs over the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol (Services and so on will be discovered automatically by your device's BLE stack). The rest is kind of "normal" work for a software developer (You really don't need any documentation, trust me ...).

Btw: do you want to start on Android, iOS or multi platform (Web-based)?

• @SeeTheInvisible Thanks. I'll do iOS first, see if there's any interest, then do Android. Not a big fan of multiplatform IDE's or web based/hybrid apps. There's really not that much cost savings in my experience unless it's a massive CRUD business app.

@Wrex @jordo Thanks. I haven't bought OWheelBuddy yet (intend to though), but from what I can tell what I am wanting to do does not replace it.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.