OW Stand $9.99

• @BriFi I think the deck of a Onewheel is way too thick to fit in there, and there's no telling if the design would be sturdy enough for something that heavy.

• Are there any other floor stands out there cheaper then $100 bucks?

• @BriFi Not that I've seen, other than the DIY ones.

• Probably work just fine, is only 9$ to try.. could always return it..

• @parrothd said in OW Stand $9.99:

Probably work just fine, is only 9$ to try.. could always return it..

I am pretty sure this won´t work, since - @thegreck already mentioned - the OW needs more space.
    for the 3 DIY stands I made, I left 5cm (!) of space, which works perfectly. if you have some time left - it is easy to do with some waste wood left in the garage (see pictures)
    0_1471930273885_image1.jpg

0_1471930132751_image2.jpg
    0_1471930142760_image3.jpg
    0_1471930147711_image4.jpg

edit: I think I found out, why iPhone pictures at first don´t work uploading within this forum, even if you send them per mail in a low resolution. per default they are named ".JPG". Now after renaming them to lower case (".jpg") the upload works fine

• @cr4p LOVE your stand. This thing is slick.

• Reverse the board and it'll probably fit just enough. 😀

• @BriFi Yeah, @parrothd makes a good point. If you flip the OW so the grip tape faces back, it might actually fit in there. Whether it'll hold the weight, you'd have to test and see. For $10 it might be worth trying.

If you do, let us know if it works!

• @hustle : thanks man!

• @sonny123 that's what I use as well

• @groovyruvy

Yep, works great.

0_1471968117705_0823161146_resized2222.jpg

• @sonny123 That's a great option! Very cool idea. Thx!

• Hey @sonny123, curious if you had to only have one which would you keep. The Onewheel or Boosted Board and why? Thx!

• @BriFi

Never owned a Boosted but tried one and liked it.

I have the Yuneec E-Go and love it,
    but it's been all Onewheeling since I got it.

• @BriFi @sonny123 I don't have a Boosted or any e board, but having longboarded for 10+ years I always think about it when riding my OW. Sooo many situations where I think to myself, I couldn't do this on my board. Zipping into the grass to avoid pedestrians, big cracks, railroad tracks (biggest buzzkill on a board lol), poorly designed sidewalk to road cross sections where the decline and then incline is too steep, etc. I'm hooked on the OW and only had since Saturday.

• @hustle

Exactly. Just did that this morning at the park.
    Kids on bike, pets, pedestrians and I hop on grass and hit another trail.
    Besides, there's a big difference in cruising quality.
    On the OW, it's like you're floating around town.

• @hustle said in OW Stand $9.99:

@BriFi @sonny123 I don't have a Boosted or any e board, but having longboarded for 10+ years I always think about it when riding my OW. Sooo many situations where I think to myself, I couldn't do this on my board. Zipping into the grass to avoid pedestrians, big cracks, railroad tracks (biggest buzzkill on a board lol), poorly designed sidewalk to road cross sections where the decline and then incline is too steep, etc. I'm hooked on the OW and only had since Saturday.

@sonny123 said:

Exactly. Just did that this morning at the park.
    Kids on bike, pets, pedestrians and I hop on grass and hit another trail.
    Besides, there's a big difference in cruising quality.
    On the OW, it's like you're floating around town.

So, this is my first board, analogue or otherwise. lol, yeah, so much for baby-steps right? Ain't got time for that! I'm getting old!

I ordered the OW when I put in my pre order for the Gen 2 Boosted Dual+ that's coming out. Now I am thinking to myself: Self, do you "really" need the Boosted, now? I'm on the fence. I'm so in love with this board. I "think" the Boosted would still be an awesome board to have, as well, just not sure of the utility of it, since I can take this practically anywhere, whereas the Boosted will be limited to hard surfaces, only.

I'm a few months out, on my Boosted order, so I have time to mull it over, I suppose.

Decisions....

• @Wrex I just can't think of any time I'd rather take a longboard type board out vs the OW. The OW is too versatile.

• @Wrex Just depends if you need to go fast or not! Seems like the boosted board makes for a GREAT cruiser/transporter where as the OW is a fun machine.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.