Non Vega tire

• Time has come for the dreaded tire change.. Slime has kept me on the road for the past few weeks but the sight of green stuff oozing through my tire tells me it's not going to hold up much longer. The catch is I'm in Australia and can't find Vega tires. Has anyone tried a different make of tire? I was thinking of going for Dunlop. Slick of course. Interested to hear if anyone thinks this will be an issue.

• How many miles, roughly, do you think you put on that tire?

• It shouldn't matter what brand of kart tire you choose as long as it's the same size. Having raced karts for years you just need to watch durometer (hardness) readings to make sure that you don't get something too hard or too soft. Some tire brands also run larger or smaller for the same sized tire so you'll want to check the circumference as well. Dunlop is probably a good choice.

• @andyb you can't find one online? I know taxes and shipping may be expensive but I would think for just a tire it should not cost that much. With that being said I would like to hear a first hand experience from someone trying out a different tire. I don't think anyone has done it yet, at least not anyone on this forum.

• Tsracing.com has the vega tire.. they sell the ONEWHEEL too..

• @njcustom it will be good to get the new wheel buddy app so we can all see our overall mileage and report on tyre wear / mileage.

• So long as it is 11.5 x 6.50 - 6 , it should work.
    My guess on a tread tire, it'll probably be the same.
    If they only have a tread tire there, ask for the exact diameter from the outside of the tire and compare to the one you have on.
    There's only about 1/2 " clearance from the tire to the frame.
    Also, might wanna ask TSracing if they ship to Australia and how much.

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=5926&CATID=3

• Thankyou all for the advice. I'll try and source one locally and report back. As for how many miles on the tire I'd guess around 1,500 miles. I ride it daily for the full charge and have had it for around 10 months. Seems to me like the indicators aren't much use for the Onewheel as major the wear for me has been on the edges. Too much carving! Looking forward to the wheel buddy app to see the actual mileage.

• For those interested her's a pic of the current wear with slime oozing though!

alt text

• @andyb Nice, thanks for sharing. Hope you find a reasonable deal on a wheel. :)

• Do NOT get a treaded tire.. it's just dangerous.. and not needed at all..

• @njcustom said in Non Vega tire:

Do NOT get a treaded tire.. it's just dangerous.. and not needed at all..

I live in Sweden, im getting spikes!
    0_1472022888507_mowaerator1.jpg

• @BadWolf Well that should be fine.

• @BadWolf HAHAHHAHA please let me know how that works for ya

• @njcustom

No so fast.
    My next tire change is gonna be treaded. :)

• @sonny123 I highly suggest you stick with the vega slick.. most importantly it's dangerous and second it's not necessary.. the slick never slides or loses grip.. you're just asking for an accident.. one large rock, you and that tire will be hurting.. the treaded tire will also become very annoying as it will pick up everything it runs over.. it's going to be throwing junk at your legs and feet like crazy.. with a fender it will be loud and annoying..

• @njcustom

Thanks for the heads up.
    I still like to try it.
    I can always switch back.

• I'm with @njcustom. The stock untreaded tire is so gooey and grippy, eats up everything in its path.

• @groovyruvy said in Non Vega tire:

I'm with @njcustom. The stock untreaded tire is so gooey and grippy, eats up everything in its path.

except wet stuff.. like grass..

• @BadWolf I ride on wet grass and it picks it up

• @BadWolf said in Non Vega tire:

@groovyruvy said in Non Vega tire:

I'm with @njcustom. The stock untreaded tire is so gooey and grippy, eats up everything in its path.

except wet stuff.. like grass..

Or dirt..lol..

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.