Feature Request : Digital Shaping "Doggie Mode" >:3 (*woof *woof!)

• Weird feature request, but hey, why not?

The OneWheel itself doesn't look right stationary, this beast deserves to be in motion at all times.

A "doggie mode" setting means having the OneWheel operate in tow (attached to some sort of leash). We could pull on the leash, and the OneWheel would follow us around in the direction the leash was pulled, all while the OneWheel balances itself. Ideally, something that drains as little battery as possible.

This would be great in party settings, or when we're just tired of carrying the OneWheel around.

I'm curious if we can mod this ourselves? I'm not sure if this is something that can be part of the firmware.

• @RogueStar could have a butler mode variant that lets you stack drinks on each side and let it coast out into the crowd then it could be pushed back out for refills.

• @RogueStar The reason the self-balancing feature shuts off when you get off is because it's actually using your body to balance the board. The electronics are using inverted pendulum theory to keep the board level, and you're the pendulum.

Without an upright to use as a counterbalance, the deck would just flop around and drag on the ground if the self-balancing mechanism stayed active.

• @thegreck said in Feature Request : Digital Shaping "Doggie Mode" >:3 (*woof *woof!):

@RogueStar The reason the self-balancing feature shuts off when you get off is because it's actually using your body to balance the board. The electronics are using inverted pendulum theory to keep the board level, and you're the pendulum.

Without an upright to use as a counterbalance, the deck would just flop around and drag on the ground if the self-balancing mechanism stayed active.

All I heard was "Bla bla bla bla, doh, bla bla bla.. MAGIC.. bla bla bla, bla bla BLA.. more magic.. "

:/

• @BadWolf Haha. Translation: Can't work without someone standing on it.

He'll have to have a friend ride it and tie a leash him instead.

• @thegreck said in Feature Request : Digital Shaping "Doggie Mode" >:3 (*woof *woof!):

e

WELP, looks like this feature request is canked lol.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.