help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-)

• I start this thread to convince andy (@seetheinvisible) to make a product simmilar to what I call a "mobile supercharger".

So basically a mobile battery charger for the onewheel, which is light weight, compact and and reliable. To allow me to charge my onewheel quickly somewhere to extend the ride...

Some may have seen the thread where I have shown something like his. It works quite good and does it´s job, but it charges to slow (~50min). besides that it looks like crap;-)
    http://community.onewheel.com/topic/2935/diy-mobile-supercharger/17

why andy?
    Those of you who have already downloaded the OWheelBuddy app, should by now know that he has done a great job (just on the fly).
    Since I sometimes hang out with him, I have also seen his kickstarter prototype (which in fact is a finished product in my opinion). So this guy isn´t just good in coding apps, what he really does is using his impressive technical skills to design and build awesome stuff!

Last time, after another try to convince him to build a charger, I joked to andy that I would use the community to motivate him - well andy, that´s what I am trying here;-)
    I think he is already on the edge of doing it. Since he realized that he will need a mobile charger for himself, I believe he is going to build one for himself anyway.

@seetheinvisible: Couldn´t you do what I can´t, improve it and build an awesome product out of it for the community?

so if you agree with me and think that you would also be interested in a product like that, join me motivating him to start building!;-)

• @cr4p Go, Andy, go!

• Andy, get off your behind and start the execution process.
    We're all cheering for you buddy.

• @SeeTheInvisible you can do it!

• OK Andy. The moment is now! Others have built accessories of convenience. Yours will be an essential component for the long-miler OW Sturdy-Legged. Please, if you have the skills to build such, make an auxiliary battery for the ages. This community will raise you above our collective heads and stuff your pockets full of paper. Be That Guy.

• Go Andy!

• 7 lbs:
    https://www.amazon.com/ATOTO-Ultra-Source-2x110V-Outlets/dp/B01AFLNSI4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472261357&sr=8-3&keywords=500W+Portable+Uninterruptible+Power+Supply

It's hard to get any lighter than that I would think, for anything out there that is already "built" and available. I could be easily wrong, but you'd also have to factor in your rapid charger weight and an inverter.

I would love to see something dedicated for our OW's though, so yes, Andy. DO IT! lol.

• @SeeTheInvisible We're all counting on you Andy!!!

• @Wrex : The device I currently use has only 3.5 pounds and is a lot smaller which makes a huge difference. It does not need the orginal super charger to charge the board.

Also, if I understood Andy´s improvement suggestions correct, what he thinks of building for himself would not need any inverter, nor the original supercharger, nor an extra charger to charge a board on the go. They way he thinks this could be build, is just one small box that directly has a cable to connect it to the board to charge it. As I understood it, he is even thinking about engineering it in a way that he could use the original onewheel supercharger to recharge the mobile supercharger.

• @Wrex said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

7 lbs:
    https://www.amazon.com/ATOTO-Ultra-Source-2x110V-Outlets/dp/B01AFLNSI4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472261357&sr=8-3&keywords=500W+Portable+Uninterruptible+Power+Supply

It's hard to get any lighter than that I would think, for anything out there that is already "built" and available. I could be easily wrong, but you'd also have to factor in your rapid charger weight and an inverter.

I would love to see something dedicated for our OW's though, so yes, Andy. DO IT! lol.

Well.. its 110V, and doesnt ship to Sweden (Europe?) So its not even an option for some of us :/

• I'm not Andy but I build a decent sh*t every other day
    #eatyourFIBER

• @cr4p said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

what he thinks of building for himself would not need any inverter, nor the original supercharger, nor an extra charger to charge a board on the go.

Where do I send my money??

• @BadWolf said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

@Wrex said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

7 lbs:

Well.. its 110V, and doesnt ship to Sweden (Europe?) So its not even an option for some of us :/

Sorry. I didn't consider Europe. Typical american thinking, I suppose. lol. But I am sure there is something similar, for the Euro's if you go take a look?

• @cr4p said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

@Wrex : The device I currently use has only 3.5 pounds and is a lot smaller which makes a huge difference. It does not need the orginal super charger to charge the board.

Also, if I understood Andy´s improvement suggestions correct, what he thinks of building for himself would not need any inverter, nor the original supercharger, nor an extra charger to charge a board on the go. They way he thinks this could be build, is just one small box that directly has a cable to connect it to the board to charge it. As I understood it, he is even thinking about engineering it in a way that he could use the original onewheel supercharger to recharge the mobile supercharger.

Right, but I am talking what's out there "in production" for right now. Plus, the solution I provided, would allow for multiple charges, instead of a single one (in theory. I haven't done the math).

I'm all for Andy's idea. I just need something to get by, in the meantime. Lol.

What are you using?

• @Wrex said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

@BadWolf said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

@Wrex said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

7 lbs:

Sorry. I didn't consider Europe. Typical american thinking, I suppose. lol. But I am sure there is something similar, for the Euro's if you go take a look?

I have looked around. Found nothing close to portable, or in a pricerange thats thinkable. I might just suck at googling, but i did give it a try before. :/

• @SeeTheInvisible When I close my eyes, I can already see it ;-)

• @SeeTheInvisible if you build it they will come!

• 0_1472460386774_image.jpeg

Ok, persuaded. Due to the fact that I'm on vacation right now, I can just give you a first rendering I've created before leaving for my trip as well as a few data.

Size: about 150x180x26mm.
    Weight: I don't now, but not weighty.
    Price: no idea at the moment, but affordable.
    Power: about 190 W/h.
    Cells: Samsung 18650 3500 mAh.
    Design: so that it fits in a back pack and won't hurt you when falling on it :)

Availability: really no Idea, but I also want to have it ;).

• Saw this.. Anyone used one of these?

Streetwize SWPP13 Power Pack 900 A 400 W Inverter and Digital Compressor and 2.1 A USB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H2LI5YI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_gN.Wxb7FR73SN

• @SeeTheInvisible said in help me trying to convince andy to build this shi*t ;-):

0_1472460386774_image.jpeg

Ok, persuaded. Due to the fact that I'm on vacation right now, I can just give you a first rendering I've created before leaving for my trip as well as a few data.

Size: about 150x180x26mm.
    Weight: I don't now, but not weighty.
    Price: no idea at the moment, but affordable.
    Power: about 190 W/h.
    Cells: Samsung 18650 3500 mAh.
    Design: so that it fits in a back pack and won't hurt you when falling on it :)

Availability: really no Idea, but I also want to have it ;).

I dont care, I can take the pain! Just gimmi one, I can take the one that turned out with razor sharp edges!

Also.. need a bugtester? ;D

• I vote for this one too :D definitely I need something like this. You can find the ATOTO in Europe using Aliexpress, but the cost is around 360 Euros shipped and it need the original charger to plug into the OW. So, a OW Buddy would be really great :D
    Add also a USB port for more versatility :P

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.