Update - BAD CRASH - 2 Week old Onewheel for sale

• Wife says my onewheel must go. Make a reasonable offer. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area.

• @McFly What if you're onewheel says your wife must go?

• @ahxe45 said in 2 Week old Onewheel for sale:

@McFly What if you're onewheel says your wife must go?

+1. Priorities.
    This is good to see though. Now I know what I will have to put in any future marriage agreements.

1. OneWheel Must Stay
    2. OneWheel Must Always Remain on Display When Not In Use
    3. OneWheel must not be touched by Wife/Kids/Friends/People/Animals (Unless Wife is cleaning OneWheel)
      ((Kidding, I'd clean my own baby))

• @ahxe45 @hustle I'm sitting here after a long night in the ER with a dislocated shoulder that is broken in 4 places. Not to mention other injuries. Sometimes the wife might be right.

• @McFly omg.. I hope your ok? I also hope you were not trying to get a high speed record because of this new app!?

• Well.....How did the wreck happen?

• @thehoff according to the app I was at 14.5 mph in extreme mode and it just locked up and threw me over the front on pavement. Luckily, I at least had a helmet on.

• @McFly This is terrifying. Why can't the board just go into a coast/neutral mode once top speed is hit instead of trying to kill the rider?

• @McFly Wow, very sorry to hear that... Did you hear the motor make a growling sound before it threw you off?

• @Polle no, not at all, and I was on a slight incline

• @McFly

So sorry to hear it.
    Hope you get well soon.

• @McFly In all seriousness that sucks and glad it wasn't any worse than it was. I wish we could get a feature in an app that was almost like some cars where after a crash you can find out exactly what went wrong with the board at that exact moment. Whether it be a malfunction with the footpad sensors, going past pushback, overheating, rider error etc.... Would be nice to have some sort of answer with a situation where you don't know what went wrong.

• @ahxe45 I think the POWheel app can do this? @cr4p ?

• @McFly Aww man. I am very sorry to hear. This is scary.

• @Polle Can it? I know it shows error codes but I know mine throws random codes all the time like low voltage or overcharge or overheating when nothing really happened so I wasn't too sure how accurate it was.

• @ahxe45 I'm not sure as I didn't have any major problems on the OW lately, but CrAp will let us know for sure :)

• @Polle said in 2 Week old Onewheel for sale:

@ahxe45 I'm not sure as I didn't have any major problems on the OW lately, but CrAp will let us know for sure :)

mhm, the app can warn you before some negative events happen (regeneration-cut off, empty battery shut down), but it don´t provides any root cause analysis after a crash.
    Could be that the actual error code is visible within the details, but I don´t look there very often (not to say: not at all). But anyhow the OW tells you the error codes anyway with the blinking signal.

• @cr4p ok thanks for the info anyway

• @McFly so sad to hear of the injury. I hope you heal fast to 100%. Injuries suck.... Stay focused and get active a quick as possible.

• @Hubbitron said in 2 Week old Onewheel for sale:

@McFly This is terrifying. Why can't the board just go into a coast/neutral mode once top speed is hit instead of trying to kill the rider?

1. Sorry, but 14.5 is not top speed (see this thread: http://community.onewheel.com/topic/3996/post-high-speed-here-owheelbuddy-app/16)

2. The Onewheel starts pushing back at 15mph in Extreme to try and slow you down, and you have to intentionally fight pushback to reach top speed.

3. If you do manage to fight pushback and bypass 20mph, the wheel won't immediately lock up, it just can't go any faster so you end up outrunning the board and you'll nosedive. This could obviously bring your ride to an abrupt end, but it also makes it user error, not board error.

• @McFly Back to your original post send me a PM with what you are looking to get for the board as I am looking for a second one.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.