OneWheel, Why do you need the board to replace the tire?

• OneWheel Team,

I got a flat tire a few weeks ago. I followed one of your forums on how to replace the tire. I bought a new tire and disassembled the board to replace the tire. Unfortunately I could not remove the old tire. It is way harder than the guy says it is. I took it to a place that serviced lawn mowers. They had the right tool to remove the tire but were afraid to do so because it might damage the motor inside.

So I decided to bite the bullet and ship the tire to you so you can put it on. I spoke to someone on your team and explained my situation. Since I already bought the tire, they said they would give me a credit for the tire and just ship the new tire with the old and they would replace it.

4 business days after you received my OneWheel, I received a reply email explaining that you need my entire board to replace the tire. Now you want to charge me $50 to ship the rest of my board so you can swap out the tire.

Please explain why you need the rest of the board which has nothing to do with the tire. I know how to connect the tire to the board. I have read forums where people have replaced the tire themselves and put it back together without any problems or issues.

I shipped my tire to you two weeks ago. I would have expected to be riding again by now.

• @colinochel This is a user forum, you need to email support if you want them to answer you.

But, OF COURSE they would need the whole board to change the tire! What did you ship them? Just the tire? lol

• @thegreck Yes. I had already taken the board apart so I shipped just the tire with the motor. I was planning on assembling it when I got it back. Are you being funny that OF COURSE they would need the board or do you know of a reason why they would? Please enlighten me if you know.

• @thegreck I tried email and phone. They have not responded to me so I thought I would try the forum.

• @colinochel said in OneWheel, Why do you need the board to replace the tire?:

@thegreck Yes. I had already taken the board apart so I shipped just the tire with the motor. I was planning on assembling it when I got it back. Are you being funny that OF COURSE they would need the board or do you know of a reason why they would? Please enlighten me if you know.

They have to test it after they put it on to be sure it's going to ride smoothly, or they can't guarantee their work, but they can't do that if there's no board.

• @colinochel

I see where you're coming from.
    But they have a system and must follow it.
    Of course, sometime they can make an exception and accommodate you, other times they don't.
    Did you try a tire shop?
    The first tire shop I tried was an elder guy who didn't want to mess with it.
    The next one was a young guy who looked at it and said $10 and I give him $5 tip.
    Done it twice already with no issues.
    For those who want to do it themselves, there's a tool at TSracing.

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=863&CATID=3

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.