OW 3G GPS-GSM Tracking device

• I know everyone wants to protect their investment and are looking of ways to do that such as locking the wheel at high speeds if stolen hahaha but then there's this too...

I haven't opened up the OW yet but what do you guys think of this? Think it'll fit under the foot pads? Free GPS service for the first year then $5/mo after. My only concern is how long it lasts so you don't have to keep opening up the OW to charge it.
    $140 GPS Tracker, Free shipping, 1 year GSM service included
    $110+$3 shipping on Massdrop w/o GSM service

alt text
    alt text

• I had a plan of connecting a USB wire from the battery "somewhere", to an old iphone.. that way I could easily track it, it would charge automagicly, and it would have an built in battery.

I wonder if you could do the same with that..?

• I'm just going to use this. No subscription.

https://www.thetrackr.com/?ref_code=7MKSR

• I ordered these and will use on my Onewheel and other items.
    https://www.thetrackr.com/?ref_code=HRQ6U

• The issue with trackr is it isn't practical to use on items that could get stolen since its sole purpose is to just find items that you may possibly misplace and acts as a pager. It still has to connect through bluetooth for you to use it. Even with its GPS crowd feature, you're still hoping that someone else is using trackr in order for you to get an idea of where the item is, and even then they still have to be within 100ft. Let's say somebody does come within 100ft of your stolen OW, they could be gone from the location by the time you actually arrive there. Trackimo uses real-time gps tracking using a GSM network

• @razaclas said in OW 3G GPS-GSM Tracking device:

The issue with trackr is it isn't practical to use on items that could get stolen since its sole purpose is to just find items that you may possibly misplace and acts as a pager. It still has to connect through bluetooth for you to use it. Even with its GPS crowd feature, you're still hoping that someone else is using trackr in order for you to get an idea of where the item is, and even then they still have to be within 100ft. Let's say somebody does come within 100ft of your stolen OW, they could be gone from the location by the time you actually arrive there. Trackimo uses real-time gps tracking using a GSM network

True, but:

• Less investment.
    • No recurring charges.
    • Easier to conceal.
    • Battery lasts about a year.
    • it's better than nothing. Lol.

Also keep in mind that the Trackr has a alarm feature, should your board venture away x amount of feet without your consent. Lol. Maybe the Trackimo does as well. I don't know. Haven't looked.

Neither is "perfect" by any stretch, IMO, just different options with what you are looking for and/or comfortable with.

I do disagree with your opinion that it isn't practical for items that could be stolen.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.