Exploring elevated mode on rough terrain

• When I first got my Ow, I didn't like elevated mode. It just felt weird. Yesterday, though, I got out in my back yard to see if the OW is easier to use in the yard. My yard has some bare patches, several elevated areas, lots of roots, and thick grassy areas.

I'm beginning to see that elevated is the way to go in rougher areas or areas with inclines. It's easier to traverse the roots and rocks strewn throughout my yard.
    I feel like I'm carving over the inclines, and it feels like I'm less likely to nosedive if I hit some rough spots.

Do any of you switch to elevated mode when you're going off road or in rougher terrain? Thoughts?

• I use elevated for grass hills. You can keep speed up better. Only thing I don't like about elevated mode for long periods, is when you switch back to extreme it feels like the front of the board is on the ground!

• I like elevated mode, I just wish it had less torque sometimes. When riding over medium sized hard objects it tends to overcompensate and jump forward, even at high speed

• --only ride elevated.

• I switch to elevated anytime I'm doing off-road or hilly terrain :-)

• I've used it particularly when riding steep logging roads; it can make a huge difference. Otherwise, I still like extreme most of the time.

• Elevated mode it the best for trail and mountain riding, extreme is for dashing around town. At least that's my opinion.

• @nesman said in Exploring elevated mode on rough terrain:

Elevated mode it the best for trail and mountain riding, extreme is for dashing around town. At least that's my opinion.

After yesterday, I totally agree. It makes it so much easier to get through rough patches.

• I live downtown SF, spending a lot of time on hills, I'm just learning to ride, I put it in elevated mode right away, so I can't compare to extreme, but after about 90 miles testing, elevated mode has worked pretty well, on the goofy sidewalk and street conditions.

• @hekkubus From my experience I can only ride offroad in elevated mode. All other times I ride, like on pavement or even very short grass I use extreme. If I try to use extreme when going on mountain biking trails I fall a lot more and dig the nose of the board into the ground a lot more. Elevated keeps the nose up just enough to get you up hills and through ditches etc.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.