Connect. Twist. Carry! Check this out....

• .....https://vimeo.com/183559988

Since designing, developing, testing and producing the side handles with @thegreck ive been trying to develop another handle that is as simple as 123.

The current handles are sweet, they do the job and make life easier for sure when it comes to having to carry a Onewheel

Another handle in production is coming soon that is a shoulder mounted version (see pics here http://community.onewheel.com/topic/3874/onewheel-shoulder-carrying-handle ) this again will make carrying it easier

The latest version 'The Twister' (working title) is for people who are time poor and just want convienience in their life hence a handle that simply necessitates you to connect it to the board, twist it and off you mojo!

If you're interested in one just let me know?

• @Jimmers75 sweet Bro, love what you and @thegreck are doing. Candidly I've been very interested in the original handle, and have only held off because a) I use it almost exclusively for recreation and don't carry it much; b) I've wondered if it might get hooked on branches or other similar items while riding offroad; and c) wasn't sure if it removes and reinstalls quickly. Any input would be great. Regarding the new Twister, digging that as well. Hard to tell from watching the short video but does it stay locked on while riding, or is it meant to be used to carry the board and then removed before riding? And is there a way to know where to snap it onto the rail so you get that perfect balance point? Also in addition to the wood finish, will it come in black?

• @groovyruvy Thanks for the feedback buddy, it's a funny old place Onewheel world my day job is running a radio station dealing with the same people day in day out from in and around the cities we broadcast too. Yet I'm now - thanks to the Onewheel - in contact with good people like yourself on the other side of pond, working with awesome people like @thegreck and randomly designing handles and bags as a hobby!

In answer to your questions no the handle doesn't snag or get caught on anything. I ride with mine on, it's been on since we first produced them and I've never had that problem. And yes it's incredibly easy to attach and detach, its two Velcro straps that fasten the handle to the board.

With regards to the Twister, it's a handle that is different to the others in that you wouldnt ride with it on. The design is based around the axel pipe, there is a guide on the underside of the handle, you insert that guide into the axel pipe, twist the handle, it locks onto the board and off you go.

Simple, secure, sweet!

• Ah! This is the handle design I've been looking for! What materials are you considering for the production version? Wood, nylon webbing, and steel?

How about machined alumin(i)um with integrated eyes/rings for clipping on a shoulder strap? You could anodize it for a black or colorful finish.

Nice work! I can already feel that Benjamin burning a hole in my pocket!

• Way cool!

• Love it! So easy!

• @badcheese As it stands we are testing various materials to see what works best but so far the mix of wood, aluminium and webbing works really well & we could offer it in a number of colour options of wood natural, matt black, 'Onewheel' blue, red and orange.

• @Jimmers75 Bruh... Where's my Lime Green & Purple options?! ;)

• @Jimmers75 said in Connect. Twist. Carry! Check this out....:

@badcheese As it stands we are testing various materials to see what works best but so far the mix of wood, aluminium and webbing works really well & we could offer it in a number of colour options of wood natural, matt black, 'Onewheel' blue, red and orange.

Carbon fiber would be super easy.

• @Jimmers75 Are you considering including D-rings for attaching a shoulder strap?

• @badcheese Not on the Twister, it's to short a handle. We've experimented with many different sized handles over the last 6 months when it comes to a version that can be used in conjunction with a shoulder strap.

• I'm down

• We are taking orders for the Twister and the price is $60 including shipping. If you're interested then drop me a PM and I'll put your name on the list. Happy wheeling people

• I like the side handle grip, but it still requires the user to use a free hand at all times and lug around the 25+lb device. There is a unique solution to solve the same problem. Our patent pending design allows the One Wheel to be rolled like a piece of luggage. If anyone is interested we just launched a Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1552002329/glider-for-one-wheel and our website is http://www.SynergyWiz.com/glider.

• The competition is heating up! Love the innovation taking place. The market is still small, but it would be great to see the user base expand to support lots of third-party accessories.

• @jtworks love this idea. More so for the nosedive protection!

• @jtworks Great idea nice work man, good luck with the Kickstarter project. Just to clarify something though you do still need to use a free hand to wheel a 25lb device around with this idea right?

• @jtworks Looks cool man, good luck! I still like the handle because I do a lot commuting where I have to carry my OW up and down stairs. Little wheels wouldn't really help much there. Handle is also good when carrying it across the soft sand at the beach to get to the rideable hard sand, or across any other non-asphalt surface.

I guess what I'm saying is there's a place for both of these products.

• @thegreck said in Connect. Twist. Carry! Check this out....:

od when carrying it across the soft sand at the beach to get to the rideable hard sand, or across any other non-asphalt surface.
    I guess what I'm saying is there's a place for both of these product

I couldn't agree more, in fact if someone had a grip and the Glider it would be the most convenient One Wheel ever!

• @jtworks said in Connect. Twist. Carry! Check this out....:

I couldn't agree more, in fact if someone had a grip and the Glider it would be the most convenient One Wheel ever!

Or if it didn't weight 25 pounds!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.