Is there anything that needs routine cleaning or oiling/maintenance?

• I cant find anything that addresses this.

• If there is, I missed it...
    The only maintenance I've been giving is a ride (or two) a day..
    Agreed. That could have been more about maintenance of the rider than of the OW.

• I always oil my bearings after 3 or 4 rides. You can use a small amount, (2 drops)and then ride it and you feel the difference. I reccomend the thin stuff like Skanunu or Bones speed cream. Check youtube for application videos on skateboards. If I had a boosted board I would definately oil the motor bearings. If you have 3 in 1 oil that would be fine. Whatever is thin and will protect from rust. I put some 3 in 1 on my elliptical bearings (theres 12 total)and it seemed to work better than the skate lubes. Its alot cheaper too.

• @frotozoa said in Is there anything that needs routine cleaning or oiling/maintenance?:

I always oil my bearings after 3 or 4 rides.

If I were a Onewheel bearing, what would I look like and where would I be located?

• @thegreck
    The bearings are orange and on the center portion of the wheel.
    You can oil in 2 spots. You will see the line going around it. This is where to apply the oil. Get it in the groove, Its going to protect the bearings from water and help them roll smoother. When I need to clean mine I use the Skanunu cleaner/lube which is orange. Then I'll run it for a mile and wipe around the bearing. But make sure you apply the regular oil without cleaners which is clear after that step. Or just use 3 in 1 oil which has anti rust additives and is cheap and canbe found at your local wally world. Don't overdue it though. I have never had any issues after 200 miles. I was concerned at first that it might find its way to the motor but I doubt it would since I havent had any malfunctions. Start with 1 or 2 small drops and let it run around the groove of the bearing. See the photo for points to apply the lube.
    The groove on the right is almost covered by the plastic rim but its there. Theyre just like the skateboard bearings only twice the size0_1474759204770_image.jpeg

• @frotozoa Thanks for the good info!

• @frotozoa Man.. I've cleaned my longboard bearing every four months I ride for the past 11 years and never once thought to run my OW bearings through the same rigmarole. Thanks for the info (the reminder and heads up :) )
    @mark62 Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• @thegreck @hustle @mark62
    No problem,Thanks for the nudge to clarify the procedure. I hope it keeps everyone rolling past 1000 miles.
    Also, make sure you brush the bearing off with a paint brush or a soft brush beforehand. I forgot that step.

• @frotozoa Thanks for the reminder and procedure. I will add this to my tire pressure check interval.

• You guys still recommend this? It shouldn't void the warranty right?

• @noahsw what warranty?

• @noahsw I don't think applying oil will void your warranty. Now changing your tire, regripping and modding the sensor and finally sanding down the frame will most certainly void your warranty.

• I've never been a skater but I have been deep into radio controlled car management and have found that for lubrication and corrosion resistance, including electronic parts (which is why I make this comment) there is nothing like Corrosion X. You can get it in a kit designed for guns which has a tiny applicator which might be good for the OW.

I don't have a OW+ yet (some day!) but this will be my tool of choice unless y'all suggest otherwise!

• about once every week or two I leave my OW plugged in over night. Heard it helps the battery stay happy.

• @Earthpilot said in Is there anything that needs routine cleaning or oiling/maintenance?:

@noahsw I don't think applying oil will void your warranty. Now changing your tire, regripping and modding the sensor and finally sanding down the frame will most certainly void your warranty.

Can confirm, 50 miles in, had to send my V2 in for repairs, I stripped the paint off the rim and frame, repainted the frame and plastic parts, and changed the tire myself, apparently I voided the shit out of my 2 year warranty

• @No daaamn! That sucks! I guess if you want to send it in for repairs under warranty, a tire change back to the stock vega would be advised. Did they say what voided it? All of the above, or just the tire?

• @No Aw man, sorry to hear you had issues right out of the gate.

• @Snurfer All of the above, but it's fine, I got what I deserved, and I knew the risks before I started.
    @Earthpilot
    That being said, the customer service experience was amazing, even though they had to give me the bad news, they were still super friendly and supportive of their product. Even though my warranty had been voided, they replaced my defective rear footpad, and covered the overnight return shipping costs. The repairs were reasonably priced too, my motor wasn't aligned (or something...) and the parts and labor came out to 47$

• @No Oh that's not so bad. Glad it worked out.

• @No said in Is there anything that needs routine cleaning or oiling/maintenance?:

my motor wasn't aligned (or something...) and the parts and labor came out to 47$

That was from the tire change I presume? They had no problem "calibrating the motor" for you even though you had a non-OEM tire and sent it back to you as such? That sounds promising.

• @bmtka nah, it was from removing the paint from the rim/motor housing, I tried to take off the motor cover (the side of the rim with the screws and OW logo) and...apparently I left the screws loose, they wiggled free a bit and the motor became misaligned. I'm skeptical of this line of reasoning because someone else on these forums had a similar issue on their first ride...

But yea, they really could've just sent it back and said screw it, each of the modifications were significant enough to easily void the warranty and turn me away, but they were accommodating, helpful and more than fair.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.