Who also has an electric skateboard?

• Maybe it's the Onewheel withdrawal (sent it in for repair), but I'm considering an Evolve GT Carbon. I've never even skateboard before, but I'm sure I can pick it up. I have delusions of riding to work (7mi) and other longer rides. Am I crazy? Will only ride it or the OneWheel? I know, first world problems.

• I'm waiting on my Gen 2 Boosted Board myself. Will be the second board I've ever owned (Onewheel was my first).

Lol. Yeah. RUnning before I walk and all that.

• Hello, I also have an Evolve GT Carbon. It's quite a different ride but basically the OW is much more demanding and tiring and an electric longboard :) just be careful that major part of the time, when you fail with the OW you can run it away, but wit hthe Evolve, you will be faster so you will crash...except that both are nice :) I like a lot the AT wheel to go anywhere, same as the OW.

• Electric skateboard is great to have along with Onewheel.

I'd opt for a longer range e. board.
    Boosted is great but the short range is an issue.
    The V2 is supposed to go longer.

The new Evolve looks pretty good but pricey.

I recently picked up a Metroboard. This thing is built like a horse.
    Long range and decent speed at 19 mph.
    Great customer service and they recently changed their remote to RF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5-hL7pi8g

• @cytoe The evolve carbon GT is a whole different animal than the OW. I would definitely buy that over the Boosted board though. No offense to anyone that owns a Boosted but you can build a monster electric board that outperforms in every way from speed to triple to four times the range for the same price with very little experience in building them. Boosted just has great marketing and has some high profile backers. OW on the other hand can not be built in your basement and have the same performance and specs that is offered from FM. That is what really sold me o.

• @ahxe45 That evolve GT carbon looks really nice, also with the option to offroad! (not as much offroad as the OW offcourse) but also the price is pretty steep... €2200 really is a lot of money!

• @Polle but I think you are getting what you pay for in the case of boosted and the carbon gt. Obviously carbon fiber is not cheap so that adds a little bit to the price tag but then you are getting about 5 times the range of boosted board and OW with the carbon GT going off of all companies spec sheets. I would love to be able to go 25MPH off road like you can with the GT. There are a few good videos demonstrating it's capabilities on youtube.

• I'm considering the Evolve carbon GT 2-1... mainly for the distance and all terrain wheels. I could go with the bamboo GT, but the carbon looks so sweet. I'm a longboard newb (pre-newb since I have never longboarded), but I read the stiff carbon deck works great w/ the 7 inch inflated tires.

• @ahxe45 said in Who also has an electric skateboard?:

@cytoe The evolve carbon GT is a whole different animal than the OW. I would definitely buy that over the Boosted board though. No offense to anyone that owns a Boosted but you can build a monster electric board that outperforms in every way from speed to triple to four times the range for the same price with very little experience in building them. Boosted just has great marketing and has some high profile backers. OW on the other hand can not be built in your basement and have the same performance and specs that is offered from FM. That is what really sold me o.

You may build one for cheaper, but I don't think it will be "the same" as far as how the batteries/electronics are stored (for better or worse, user opinion, I guess), and...I'm lazy. I don't have the time or desire to build my own. I think the Dual + will be fine, for what I am looking to get out of it.

The Evolves are interesting, but all are on pre-order now, as well and heavier (If that matters to anyone). I won't lie though, I keep eye-balling the GT Carbon street. hard and the Bamboo street (I wanna carve but the Carbon is so kewl looking, lol). If they didn't require full price up-front for pre-order, I would have selected one of them, instead. I dunno. I can cancel my Pre-order if I decide to go with Evolve before the boosted ships. They aren't shipping quickly, lol, so I have time to still mull it over.

• Not to mention the boosted 2 is more water resistant. The Evolve's not so much, according to them:

"Avoid water - The board is not water proof. The electronics, bearings and other components may be damaged due to water and water damage is not covered by warranty. Riding in wet conditions is also very dangerous and may cause injury."

• @wrex and that is the benefit of buying a production board. You can just open the box and charge it and be riding in an hour. And don't get me wrong I have no problems with that but I was just putting it out there that you can build a better board for the same price or just a little more money. But I realize that is not for everyone if you don't like that sort of thing. I personally love tearing things apart and tinkering with them so I have buiolt a board in the past that turned out pretty well.

• I'm waiting for my reservation to come up for the Boosted Board v2. I bought the OneWheel because I got tired of the delays. I'm glad I was impulsive, I would probably not gone for it otherwise if the Boosted Board had come through.

I'll see how I feel when they contact me, and decide then if I still want it. I probably will, if only for backup when the OneWheel is being repaired. If they are still slacking about filling orders, I may be able to sell it for a profit.

• @ahxe45 said in Who also has an electric skateboard?:

@wrex and that is the benefit of buying a production board. You can just open the box and charge it and be riding in an hour. And don't get me wrong I have no problems with that but I was just putting it out there that you can build a better board for the same price or just a little more money. But I realize that is not for everyone if you don't like that sort of thing. I personally love tearing things apart and tinkering with them so I have buiolt a board in the past that turned out pretty well.

Oh I like it. It kinda goes with the territory in the field I am in (I"m a Computer Engineer). I just don't have time for it these days....because I'm a computer Engineer...fixing and breaking sh*t, ROFL. After working all day on stuff, I just have little interest in tinkering with my own junk (That sounds weird).

• I have both V1 and V2 boosted boards I love them but I have to admit I ride my onewheel more. There is so much more you can go ride on the onewheel and I love going off-road on it.
    I was super stoked when I ordered V2 , I have had it for about 3 weeks now and have 10 miles on it. I put 10 miles on the OW just yesterday carving threw forest trails.
    The carbon gt looks like my next board but only with off-road wheels.
    I guess before you go buying another board you have to ask yourself, where are you going to ride it majority of the time. And how are the roads. I do think boosted will have off-road tires within a year or two. Or at least more wheel options now that they switched to a hub wheel system like the GT. And the new battery with a 12 mile range is quite the deal... When it comes to electric board prices.

• One thing I've noticed riding the Onewheel is I've found myself in places and neighborhoods in the city that I would never have gone to on foot, or motorcycle or car. The nature of the transportation creates new avenues of exploration. If I get the Boosted Board, I wonder if it will lead me to unique places that the Onewheel didn't. Exploring and cruising around is so effortless and fun, I'm getting to know the city in much greater and more intimate detail.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.