Battery power to OW?

• I'm away to design a circuit to add a small mod to my OW... to give me a battery level indicator.
    It's just going to be a few small LED's fitted to the front of the OW, that go off as the battery depleats. Nothing fancy.
    Obviously I'm going to need to tap into the battery to do this.

Am I safe to assume that I need to take the feed from the "Enclosure Battery Box" cable... and that the thick red one is supply, and the thick black one is ground?

Thanks in advance...

• Fyi the actual power button gives you some level of battery life based on how often if flashes, granted you can't see it while riding.

Why not just track through the mobile app though?

• I use the app, but I usually miss the vibrations and can't hear the notifications. I spend half my time riding trying to get my phone out and check the app.

I just think it'd be easier to be able to look down at your feet and know what level the battery is at... plus I enjoy doing little 'projects'!!

• I can't argue with that! Fyi in my case personally, I get battery notifications through my pebble watch using pOnewheel and it's been great. Good luck and look forward to seeing what you come up with!

• @regulat0r said in Battery power to OW?:

I get battery notifications through my pebble watch using pOnewheel

I do exactly the same! Pebble + pOnewheel is a great combination. No need to take the phone out.

• @matto yes I love it! In addition to that, I religiously use the Endomondo fitness tracker app. It's my favorite by far. I basically track all my riding sessions. What's great is this also integrates with our Pebbles and gives you average speed read out, distance traveled, and time which is super convenient for me. You can even see how fast you were going at any point of your ride which hooks into Google Maps. You should check it out if you haven't already!

• @regulat0r oh man, I had no idea!
    I will for sure. Thanks for the tip!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.