Anyone made a fender?

• I was thinking (next-door neighbour teaches welding in the metal shop at collage and lets me use the equipment) of getting a piece of aluminium about 50cm long as wide as the board with an overhand of about 2cm either side, folding the edges in by 2cm and then rolling it flat, and then introduce a curve into it to create an arch, then bend the tips flat to sit onto of the foot plates.

Add some rubber under the feet, and then screw it and the footplate back to the frame with slightly longer screws!

Has anyone else attempted to make their own mudguards?

• 1444257259560-img_6538.jpg
    1444257259558-img_6539.jpg

Work in progress! Still have to fine tune the holes and put rubber on the feet, the bolts in footplate corners are not long enough to go through the metal rubber wood and reach the frame so will have to source alternative ones - but for a test I plan to just hold it down with a roof rack webbing strap thing.

• Looking good! Cool project :)

• Carbon fiber version coming soon!!!

Check my Instagram - njcustom

• The first fender I ordered came fairly quickly but I think they may be out of stock now. I ordered another for my second board and its been weeks... I look forward to see what people can come up with :) @njcustom Nice job @eish

• Nice work @njcustom, I just checked your instagram.

• Thanks guys!

• @njcustom I want one!!!

• @njcustom said:

Carbon fiber version coming soon!!!

Check my Instagram - njcustom

Can't wait to see it!!!

• I'd like to see someone design a template for 3D printing a fender. You could also print these out and sell them into the community here.

• @Kerton isn't is a bit big for anything short of a commercial printer?

• Spend $85 and buy the one from FM. I ordered 2 to be used interchangeably on my 3 OW's and truly couldn't be happier. I thought it might take away from the raw, nifty look of the exposed tire but it is not only aerodynamically designed, it is super functional.

• @DocBlock and then there is another $50 for international postage :(

• @DocBlock said:

Spend $85 and buy the one from FM. I ordered 2 to be used interchangeably on my 3 OW's and truly couldn't be happier. I thought it might take away from the raw, nifty look of the exposed tire but it is not only aerodynamically designed, it is super functional.

Completely agree, really happy with mine too (both functions and look). Might even order one more next time I order something from FM. Still, really great to see what other members are coming up with!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.