Stability Issue

• After a while the Onewheel shakes like crazy.... Is it the issue of the onewheel, or is it because Im new to this thing? The onewheel feels pretty unstable and tech support said theres nothing unusual with the sound,,, i'm planning on returning it, but just wondering whether anyone is having this issue,,,

• If you are brand new to it - yeah your balance is causing the wobble. - that goes away as you get comfortable with it.

But yeah if the board itself is unstable for other reasons - I'd send it In

It should be smooth as glass even top speed (given the terrain)

• When i first started I would get speed wobbles but once my calf muscles got used to it, it all went away!

• It is for sure not the board that is causing this. Everybody has that wobble in their first hours/days... I even got it a while back when I didn't ride for a week, but got away after some minutes.

• @didxogns1 One of my boards started making a grumbling sound, and OW support told me it wasn't anything abnormal either. I noticed my board started feeling unstable too. It was almost like it kept slowing down and speeding up in pulses. I sent it in, and they made some adjustments. It hasn't made the sound since, and the instability issue is resolved. I would recommend sending it in. Good luck!

• Any update on this? I was curious if you had video of it.

• just got my onewheel today. I was convinced the wheel was out of balance or something. I'm relieved that the shakes are normal.

• @fluffhead yes, so was I. You just have to ride it for couple of hours. It will be just fine after that

• @J-Glide said:

@didxogns1 One of my boards started making a grumbling sound, and OW support told me it wasn't anything abnormal either. I noticed my board started feeling unstable too. It was almost like it kept slowing down and speeding up in pulses. I sent it in, and they made some adjustments. It hasn't made the sound since, and the instability issue is resolved. I would recommend sending it in. Good luck!

Mine does this occasionally. It started teetering back and forth like it was having trouble balancing me. I turned it off and then rebooted it, and that seemed to fix it. When I took it to the beach and rode around in the surf, it started doing it again. I switched to extreme mode, and the problem went away with the extra power. The first time was going downhill around an asphalt walking track, and the second time was a sloped beach. Since my first time learning to ride (in very uneven grass around my yard), I have learned that rebooting can sometimes fix problems.

• @hekkubus if you were in classic shaping it sounds like you might merely be experiencing pushback.

• @kelp said:

@hekkubus if you were in classic shaping it sounds like you might merely be experiencing pushback.

I think you're right, and it was the first time that I went down an asphalt hill. However, when I got to the bottom and had slowed down, it was doing it then, too. I turned it off, and it didn't happen the rest of the ride.

Coincidentally, this ride was the first time that I experienced a pretty bad fall. No helmet, going up a slight incline carving, board went one way, and I went the other. It happened so fast that I didn't even feel it coming. The board may have shut off, but I cannot say that for sure. My cheek and side of my eye socket took the brunt of the impact, and I almost blacked out. The only thing that made me get up was knowing that some middle-school-aged softball players had all stopped to watch. I rode off up the hill and then checked myself.

Wearing a helmet probably wouldn't have kept me from hitting that side of my face, but I wear one all the time now.

• @hekkubus glad you are okay. Sounds like helmet is a good option. After I took some spills when learning I thought I'd always need to keep my hands out of pockets to react to an unexpected nose dive ect. You will learn through trial and error how to avoid accidentally letting pressure off both sensors and how to avoid nose diving through over aggressive riding over time. Riding up inclines takes more skill if you are trying to maximize speed because at max speed without touching the nose down you are more or less balancing your weight against motor torque which is fighting the incline and road surface. I'm happy to say that I have not had any unexpected nose dives in a long time.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.