Build you own clip-on wheels for $5

• The idea I had in my head about this concept was more like what the custom bag builder made (though I had thought of it in this type of thing) with roller blade type wheels, turned 90 degrees to these wheels, and a clip on handle or in V.2 board a cut in handle on 1 end and cut in wheel groove well points to lock onto.

I was even thinking a small nylon rope, with hard plastic grip that clips on.... So it's easy to store with the power supply and wheels in a backpack.

• This is is all great! Seems like the most recent improvement w the lil wood strip makes it taller too

• @thegreck Nice change. I just saw this post. Making it a little taller is a nice idea too. I found putting the wheels farther apart helps with stability too.

I actually just ordered a couple of wheels that I can screw directly onto the deck - because I'm just that lazy. I'll post pictures & a review when I get it completed. Here's the link to the least obtrusive side mount caster wheels I could find...

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=69914&cat=3,51976&ap=1

• Just found this thread, and lucky enough that this is exactly what I need on extremely short notice.

Will post pics of the DIY hack soon :3

• thats awesome ,really good idea,but I think if it is the foldable little scooter ,that would be better

• Nice job, Dirt Cheap!
    Bye
    Rno
    PS: Get two OW add a seat in between the two then you can sit while riding.
    Maybe add a roof, air-con radio...

• This post is deleted!

• 0_1474132962929_image.jpeg

Here is mine! Cork to protect...
    Bye
    Arnaud

• Thanks for all the tips here -- I really wanted something like this. I am close to finishing mine -- tried this hilariously large binder clip found on Amazon because I wanted to see if I could get away with only one clip, plus try out a swivel wheel. It works fairly well! Although ideally I'd love for FM or someone else to mass produce a perfect version that I could just buy.

I glued a felt strip to one inner side of the clip because the metal on the grip tape was fingernails-on-a-chalkboard horrible. Also found that if I clip it on the corner of the board instead of the middle, I can drag it behind me like I would a roller suitcase.

(Also as mentioned above, drilling through the clip suuuuuucks. Gave the task to a handy DIY-type buddy and the struggle was real.)

0_1506715299324_OW_ClipOnWheel.jpg

• @el_puente
    Here is my way to carry my Onewheel ( video ) https://youtu.be/jjJ8jVgrswU

• @norm said in Build you own clip-on wheels for $5:

@el_puente
    Here is my way to carry my Onewheel ( video ) https://youtu.be/jjJ8jVgrswU

I shared that video on FB a while back on here. Clever way to tow your board home... way better than carrying it. Thanks for officially sharing the link.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.