come on guys, you really need an european dealer/importer

• i stumbled over the onewheel topic some time ago, and somehow i got hooked:yum:
    watched a couple of videos, read many of the posts in this forum…

as some weeks passed by, i somehow convinced myself, that alltough 1500$ is a little bit extreme, it could still be worth the fun.
    that´s when i started to look for a european shop where i can spend my money at in a weak moment:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

you already know what i am aiming at: the only way ist to import from the US.
    well, the dutycalculator.com says
    1.499$ OW
    +300$ Shipping to Austria (wtf??)

• Duty
    • VAT
      = 2.065€ = 2.223$ (!!)

come on guys, that´s really crazy for a 20 minutes lasting fun-toy, don´t you think so? :open_mouth:
    i mean, alltough i am a passionated kiteboarder and therefore used to spend crazy ammount of money for toys, this is just too heavy, considering that originally it would cost 1.499$ which is 1.392€
    considering that you would have to add even more for a supercharger and stuff.

not to talk about what happens if i somehow encounter any troubles which requires a repair or only a new tire…

that said: i still want one, and i really think this a great thing to have, but one has to stay somehow realistic...:disappointed:

• I wholeheartedly agree with a European dealer.
    I got mine in the first batch, and I just hope they will sort that out before any repairs are needed.
    So far I'm justifying the cost by not using my car anymore. So it's a fun investment ;)

• European dealer/service centre could not come soon enough! Would be such a peace of mind, especially knowing that the OW will inevitably have to go in for service at some point.

• I agree..

U.K. Postage and import tax is £500.. That's close to the price of another onewheel.. If I didn't have to pay that I would buy 2!

• Shipping & import fees are a killer, but it may be possible to work around them. I just picked mine up in the US & flew it home to Japan with me, which is a good option if you travel to and from the US. When I needed a warranty repair, FutureMotion covered the shipping costs, and the import fee was waived since it was a repair order.

btw - It takes 20 minutes to charge, but I typically get 45-60min ride from one charge. Then I plug in at Starbucks, take a 20 minute break, and hit the road again :-) Honestly, after riding for 45 minutes, I want a break anyway. If I'm just goofing off with friends in the park, the battery lasts longer because there are natural short breaks all the time.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.