UK board Stolen

• So some thieving pikey broke into my car last night and made off with my trusted Onewheel! To say I'm gutted is an understatement but the kinda good news is that the gutter trash left behind the charger so it's rendered relatively useless as it was out of charge (unless they purchase one that is)

Anyway I'm not expecting this post to have much effect in getting it back however just thought I'd post all the same just in case a UK rider comes across a second hand one minus a charger.

What's harder to bare is that tomorrow is going to be a perfect day for ride and I have a brand new board sat in my house which I can't touch as it's destined for a customer........aghh...... first world problems!!

• Damn it sucks !

• @Jimmers75 sorry bro not OK. Like someone taking your samurai sword. Hope you can avenge your family name and reclaim your sword dude. GPS tracking should be a built in or plugin on the onewheel with separate battery supply to continue tracking even after main battery is dead. I would probably have to make a lame excuse for your custie and crack open that new OW!

• email future motion to keep a look out for a purchase of a charger to a new address that has not previously ordereed!

• @ashewheeler said in UK board Stolen:

GPS tracking should be a built in or plugin on the onewheel with separate battery supply to continue tracking even after main battery is dead.

Now that you mentioned that, I got curious and started looking. Take a look at this:
    http://www.banggood.com/Pets-Cats-Dogs-Mini-GPS-Tracker-Children-Vehicle-Locator-Thief-Proof-Tool-Personal-SOS-Alarm-p-1085021.html?rmmds=search

Very small and cheap! And it actually has good reviews. Also, it works with it's own battery. Maybe not a bad idea at all...

• @Jimmers75 let's ask FM to put in a self shutdown feature- can be triggered remotely or set to go off the next time it's ridden. Board would be rendered inoperable and only able to be restored with a code, factory reset, something like that. Having a board jacked from a vehicle is something I've always been concerned about, sucks.

• @groovyruvy

Great idea.
    But not before launching the thief into a pretty harass nosedive.

• Lame! I'm always super worried every time I have to leave my poor Onewheel all alone in my car.

• @thegreck

Someone had posted a bike lock used on OW.
    Can you use it to lock it inside the trunk?

• @sonny123 Good thought! I'll have to look into that.

• I use a thick cable to wind around front seat leg of my vehicle and through onewheel frame and lock the two ends of the cable together with a heavy duty lock. Defeatable with proper tools, but will at least prevent smash and grab thief.

• Wow that sucks bigtime! You think they spotted you riding and were aiming to steal the OW, or Just bad luck/neighborhood?

• Pretty sure this could be fitted inside the wire box.. it's got some room.. nobody would ever know it was there

0_1479227055232_IMG_20161115_112155.jpg

• @njcustom said in UK board Stolen:

Pretty sure this could be fitted inside the wire box.. it's got some room.. nobody would ever know it was there

0_1479227055232_IMG_20161115_112155.jpg

Does it not need power? If so, do you have to remove it each day to recharge?

• @p3eps I believe they use a watch style battery and would probably need replacing every few months

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.