How I carry the OW in my bike

• Hello guys!

I just found out something really cool today and I wanted to share it with you: I was looking for ways of carrying the OW in my bike in an easy way (I don't have a car and I don't want one). I thought a lot about it and then an idea came to my head. I have a structure mounted on my bike to carry the panniers at the sides. This is how the structure looks like:

Govi Trekker Outback
    (sorry for the crappy picture)

Turns out that the OW's wheel fits PERFECTLY inside the frame of the structure. Just like if it were made with that purpose :)

This is how it looks:

KTM 1190 Adventure

The orange straps are just temporary. I've been thinking in using some big velcros so I can take them very easily and don't use space. Also, they don't have to be very strong. The weight is on the structure. The velcros (or straps in this case) are there only so the OW doesn't fall to the side.

I'm taking it everywhere now :)

• @matto
    Very nice. Looks like once you get the industrial velcro straps added to the side carrier frame the OW will look built in. Plus if you use metallic woven bands it should prevent theft if locked.

• Thinking more on this... I wonder if you could add a tray or holder at the bottom of the side mount. Then use a capture bracket at the top to secure and lock the OW in place with a Bluetooth paddle lock link text?

• I also thought about that! Having some way of being able to leave it in the street with the peace of mind that it won't be stolen.

I'll think a little more about it, but the alarm lock is a good idea. Specially because I already own one for the bike 😃

• @matto What brand are those? I've been looking at panniers/tailcase etc stuff for my bike.

• @akraut those are Givi Trekker Outback panniers. They are awesome. Very sturdy and water proof.

• Oh, and they are also OneWheel ready 😄

• I just improved the system 😛
    I'm now using velcro straps. Better looking, super easy to put and very secure.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

I also have a chain lock I could use to tie the OW to the bike, so I can leave it outside.

• @matto
    That looks great! You will likely get a bunch of comments on what the thing is mounted to your bike....

• It's so you don't have to drag a knee on tight corners!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.