Wrecked and ruined a good shirt

• I've been dealing with a newborn and haven't been able to ride for the past 3 weeks, so I was a bit shaky riding it to work this morning (not to mention I was looking at the Onewheel app on my phone at the time, and also barely awake from being up most of the night with aforementioned baby). Hit a bump that caught me off guard, the nose hit the ground, and suddenly I found myself attempting to run it out, failed, and tried to drop and roll but I was wearing a backpack which caused me to slide on my side for a few feet. Got a little banged up, but otherwise I'm fine.

But I really liked that shirt. And that elbow.

0_1481648507304_Ripped Elbow.jpg

0_1481648526532_Ripped Shirt.jpg

• @thegreck congrats on the new baby, and the nice battle wound! Due to damaging shoes, shorts, pants, shirts + sweatshirts when I Onewheel, I now only wear clothes I don't mind getting torn up.

• @groovyruvy Yeah, but like I said, I was on my way to work. I suppose I could wear crappy clothes, then change when I get there, but 1) I'm not going to do that, and 2) I'm just not going to do that.

• @thegreck congrats on the new baby bro! But sorry, I can't stop laughing aubout your wipeout :) :) :)

• @fabuz Thanks! I just hope my wife doesn't try to use it as another reason she doesn't want me riding the Onewheel, because I have to ride!

• @thegreck
    0_1481655478136_IMG_20161213_195719.jpg
    Ahahahhahhahahahhahahhhah!!!! We all have the same face after a crash :)

• @fabuz Hahaha! Awesome! You have me beat though, your wound looks a lot worse!

• @thegreck
    Congrats on the expanding family. Bummer on the loss of the shirt and I guess sleep for the next several weeks. Give your wound a day or two and it will turn some amazing colors for you.... LOL. I think @fabuz does still win on initial visual shock value for his wound.... Heal fast!

• @fabuz said in Wrecked and ruined a good shirt:

@thegreck
    Ahahahhahhahahahhahahhhah!!!! We all have the same face after a crash :)

Utter bemusement: "how could this happen to me?" XD

• @1woman1wheel That was my exact thought as I was flying through the air!

• @thegreck

A very belated welcome to the OW family.

• Heal quickly bro.

• @thehoff Thanks! But honestly, for as hard of a fall I took, and being 46 years old, I'm pretty surprised at how relatively unscathed I came out. Besides losing a bit of skin, I'm not really sore at all, even the next day. Ride on!

• Had my first fall this morning on way to work (4th or 5th day of riding OW?) - ended up pushing the nose a bit too far down and it clipped - OW stopped but me on the other hand, obeyed the laws of Inertia. Came out relatively unscathed (much less damage than yourself!) and with a important lesson - know when the nose is dipping too far!

Gonna give elevated mode a shot and see how that feels.

• @Larklen
    In my opinion elevated is best used for going up steeper inclines as it starts with the nose at a higher elevation with respect to level ground. The pushback effect is basically matched to extreme mode just pushes back from a higher starting incline point. I would suggest taking it slow and learning the pushback point in extreme at ~ 12 MPH when the nose lifts. Then you will be more mindful if you go past it and risk dropping the nose down. Just my 2 cents... ;-)

• @Larklen Exactly. And if you ride with your legs bent, you can usually recover from things like that. I was riding a bit stiff-legged, and wasn't paying close enough attention, and I paid the price.

• Glad to see someone else is kissing the concrete. I was trying to break my own speed record and rode the nose on the concrete for about five feet before I hit the ground. Luckily I had worn extra clothing and full pads to break the fall. Ride on!!!! Looking forward to V2!! Should be out soon :) Have no information on specifics but I heard that its coming soon... @thegreck

• @MichaelW

V2? That's exciting to hear.
    Hopefully by the end of Winter it'll be ready...

My guess, more voltage, 2-3 miles faster with 2-3 miles longer range..
    Better app with more fancy schmancy features in it.

• @MichaelW Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to V2. Have been considering to buy an additional one. Will hold off on that for now.. :)

• @SaturnOne You can check with the older forum members, Future Motions idea of 'soon', quick' and 'almost' are different then the rest of the world :)

• @thegreck congratulations on the mini @thegreck!!! Soooooo cool man! I'm so stoked about this next generation! Maybe they will b addicted to onewheeling instead of touch screens! I'm sure your little dude or dudess will be riding version 3 or 4 before you know it! No hurry for that stuff though hope you and your family are doing great! Super stoked for you guys!!!

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.