frozen footpad?

• i had a defective footpad out the box and have seen hundreds of malfunction caused by the footswitch being stuck open and closed. i'm talking about 20 malfunctions for every 2.5 miles ridden.

my current footpad had been functioning correctly for 30odd miles.

the other day, i had the damnedest time trying to get the footswitch to close and the board to drive. after several minutes of confirming that the wheel was engaged and remounting, the board did drive. the footswitch malfunctioned several times by opening despite ample pressure.

then the footswitch malfunctioned several times by sticking closed. once bucking itself upsidedown for a fair while before i picked it up and shut it off.

after remounting, the switch malfunctioned open and i dismounted. then i witnessed the longest unmanned run i have seen yet. i felt like a dick chasing my board for about 200 feet before it got caught in a bush. i picked up the board and it continued to drive with the deck perpendicular to the ground for half a minute before i switched it off.

was my footpad frozen open and then closed? it was only about 40°F out. the inside of the board and the footpad were bone dry.

i rode the board again yesterday without any footswitch malfunctions. it was about 45° out.

i've had the upsidedown bucking before with my original footpad. even with the footswitches stuck closed, shouldn't the board stop driving with a -90° pitch or a 270° pitch? i know it normally shuts off with 30° of roll, but i've seen it driving full speed sitting on its side rail (90° roll).

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.