For everyone wondering if the Onewheel+ is worth it...

• I hit up Todd Richards on Instagram and asked him what he thought of the new V2. For those of you who don't know who Todd Richards is, he's a damn legend in the snowboarding community and his kid is the one that recently hit the dirt jump on the OW. His Instagram handle is @btoddrichards
    Here is a what he had to say:

Me: Hey Todd, it sounds like you got to ride the new Onewheel+, that's sick! Is the new motor really that much more responsive? You think it's worth trading up?

Todd: It's really the difference between some shitty suspension in your car and some coil overs. It's so stable at full speed. No wobbles.

Well that sealed the deal for me! I just pre-ordered one. Anyone around Sacramento, CA want to pick up a cheap Onewheel with a fender, a brand new battery, and 2 week old tire, and hella scuffed bumpers? Hahaha

• That's what I wanted to hear. Done deal, I'm ordering one!

• Sweet! Always good to get real user feedback. Some are discounting the speed increase as not necessary but even if you don't need the speed, the extra power available to keep the board stable and/or power through situations where you might otherwise nose dive cannot be overlooked.

Also the full sensor footpad will give the freedom to ride more comfortabley and save newbies from nosedive. I'm guessing the full sensor pad is backwards compatible with v1 as it's safer.

I'm not calling this version v2 but rather v1+ since that seems to be what fm decided and it seems about right.

• That doesn't help us v1 owners who were planing to hold off a little... (facepalm)

• @sonny123 this upgrade is not necessary as v1 kicks ass. Keeping mine for that reason after owning it over a year and a half and riding it everyday the past couple weeks on vaca while carving the beach multiple times a day as onlookers point in amazement. Cost conscious riders probably should be waiting for v2.

• @Franky

I hear you.
    Was just kidding around. ;)
    Love my v1

• @Franky Exactly! People complaining they don't need more speed are missing the point of a more powerful motor. More power = lots more possibilities and smoother riding in a multitude of different situations. The speed increase was just a little added bonus of having a more powerful motor that Kyle threw in after talking about all the other benefits. I'm looking forward to someday winning the lottery and being able to order a second board!

• @thegreck

+1

Just the 'not having to deal with pushback' part is worth it.
    If your average speed is around 13 mph, that'll be perfect.
    I get pushback around 11-12 mph. It's not that annoying, but without is better.

• @sonny123 Same here. I usually ride at 15mph and dealing with pushback is the worst part of the ride. I've been complaining about it on the forums for months, so this sounds awesome to me.

Luckily a couple of people at our LA meetup have ordered one, so if I can ever find the time to go to one again (have a newborn), I look forward to trying it out.

• "necessary" or not is subjective and I don't care: I ordered one. Lol.

Besides, I'll just sell off the original to offset the cost, just like I'll sell this one, when the time comes, when the next evolution releases. That's a win-win, in my eyes. SOmeone who can't justify the cost or afford $1500+ for a OW will have a better opportunity to get into one, albeit a prior version and I get to upgrade at a nominal cost.

You know? Like we do for all of our other toys and crap? Lol.

• @Wrex

Agreed.
    Hope they keep selling the V1 at around $1200 so it's more affordable for the masses.
    And the OW+ as a step up.
    The V1 is a solid performer in and by itself.

• @Wrex But aren't you scared to get the new version??? What if they come out with a better version some day???

• @thegreck said in For everyone wondering if the Onewheel+ is worth it...:

@Wrex But aren't you scared to get the new version??? What if they come out with a better version some day???

I ain't scared! Here! Hold my Beer!

-or-

OMERGAWD! Maybe I shouldn't ever buy another one. Just in case!

lqtm :-P

• @thegreck I still have this damned iPhone 3 because I keep getting jittery about new iPhone releases! I AM PARALYZED HERE PEOPLE!

• @dakota4ce said in For everyone wondering if the Onewheel+ is worth it...:

@thegreck I still have this damned iPhone 3 because I keep getting jittery about new iPhone releases! I AM PARALYZED HERE PEOPLE!

Not gonna lie. I'm keeping my 6 because of the 7. Take my phono jack from my cold dead hands!!!!

• @Wrex bluetooth baby, bluetooth! LOL! If my 6 had not started acting up a little, I would still be with you.

• @dakota4ce I despise BT lol.

• @thegreck I try and get out as much as possible. Often to my fiancee's dismay. I wish I could easily Onewheel with her. The pain points of not having family in state.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.