OW+ Dismount

• I owned a Onewheel for a long time and eventually sold it to try other similar electric vehicles. I miss the OW and with the plus coming out I'm considering pulling the trigger.

When dismounting on my older OW, I curled my foot to the side to disengage the sensor. With the sensor on the plus covering the whole pad, I take it lifting the heal of your foot will be the method used. Can anyone confirm on this.

The one thing that always got me thinking about the Onewheel was my foot placement and conscious effort to disengage the motor. I hope the new sensor is a little more user friendly.

Thanks

• @Sketch There's already been a few discussions about this, and the consensus is that there will still be 2 sensors, they just each take up half the deck. So dismounting should be the same, but with the bigger sensor pads, foot placement won't need to be so specific.

• @thegreck said in OW+ Dismount:

@Sketch There's already been a few discussions about this, and the consensus is that there will still be 2 sensors, they just each take up half the deck. So dismounting should be the same, but with the bigger sensor pads, foot placement won't need to be so specific.

I read those discussions, but rolling your foot sideways won't work if the sensor covers to the edge of the pad. Your foot will still be on both sensors and the board won't dissengage. The only way can see it working is if you lift your heal to relieve pressure off one sensor. The thinner sensors on the V1 allows for room to roll foot sideways towards the front of the board and be off both sensors. I'm sure it's a better system, but trying to figure out the possible ways to dismount. Maybe I'm not understanding it, would love explaination if I'm off.

Thanks

• @Sketch Yeah that's true... I'm hoping they worked something out, or they're going to have a lot of people stuck on their Onewheel+s not being able to get off.

• @Sketch yeah I think your right, I also slide the ball of my foot to the front to disengage and you won't be able to do this on the +. Tonight I tried lifting my heel to disengage and it does not feel good. But you know what, practice makes perfect :)

• I lift my heel. It's awkward at first mostly because your quads and calves are weaksauce. Once you get in better shape from riding, it becomes second nature.

• @CapoDelToro

LOL...Maybe if I start doing calf raisers now I'll be ready when they ship in February.

• I lift my toe side so all the weight is on my heal which is very easy to do when your stopped. I'm guessing the learning curve for + will be the same but with the big benefits of both sensors covering the full deck on one side.

Just downloaded oweelbuddy app today after owning my board for over 1.5 years and it notified me that I came off one sensor at 7mph. I was shocked because that used to mean nosedive which is maybe part of the reason It has not happened in so long. For those that don't remember, the board used to nosedive if you ever came off one sensor at any speed...and nosedive we did. With a firmware update they made it so it only disengages on one sensor <= .5mph. That has obviously been a huge improvement and I'm guessing a full sensor(s) foot pad will be just as good of an improvement . Hoping they come up with updated v1 sensors that do the same even if they are flat.

• I don't understand why people think it's difficult to dismount. When I get to my destination, I just crash. I run it into a concrete wall so the board doesn't run away when I fall off. It's pretty much foolproof, and you only have to practice a few times to master it.

• I never got the hang of disengaging by rolling my foot. I just come to a stop and jump off both feet.

• Probably just like the v1. Under .5 mph and the board shuts off on one sensor..

• @cytoe learning to dismount without jumping is easy once you understand how the sensors work. Besides that, it shows that you are in control which is much more impressive.

• @thegreck said in OW+ Dismount:

or they're going to have a lot of people stuck on their Onewheel+s not being able to get off.

Perhaps their end goal... OW Nation MUAHAUHAUAH

• This video here you can see he lifts his heel:
    https://www.facebook.com/rivershred/posts/10102061326467343

This video you can see he rotates his foot forward so it's only on the heel side sensor:
    https://www.engadget.com/919eb43e-e269-4a48-a023-38eae2018c77

Judging by that I think it's reasonable to assume that the heel roll is gone. A fair trade off for being more reliable and less chance of bucking you off in my opinion!

• @badcheese said in OW+ Dismount:

I don't understand why people think it's difficult to dismount. When I get to my destination, I just crash. I run it into a concrete wall so the board doesn't run away when I fall off. It's pretty much foolproof, and you only have to practice a few times to master it.

LOLOLOL
    Right!?:);)?

• @timvdp said in OW+ Dismount:

@badcheese said in OW+ Dismount:

I don't understand why people think it's difficult to dismount. When I get to my destination, I just crash. I run it into a concrete wall so the board doesn't run away when I fall off. It's pretty much foolproof, and you only have to practice a few times to master it.

LOLOLOL
    Right!?:);)?

That's it, I am trying this!

• @badcheese good one ! 😀

• and then finish with an Happy Days Fonzy: Eejj;);)
    (upload a vid please?...)

• I like to pivot on my heel so my toe is pointed off the front of the board. You can then just walk off the front. I find this much easier than rolling or lifting my heel.

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.