What is the longest one has gone without a tire change?

• I have had mine for almost a year with 1000+ miles and tire is still good how long should I expect the tire to last?

• @tony420121
    Very good mileage. I would say it greatly depends on ride style and the weight of the rider. The lighter and less aggressive the longer it should last. Also keeping the tire around 20 PSI should help too.

• True. I have had mine around 20 psi since I got the board in May and all the carving has almost completely worn down the edges of the tire in less than 500 miles.

• I ride very aggressively and my psi is about 18-19 I weigh 172 and ride all-terrain (mud,gravel,pavement,ect)

• Went through 2 tires so far but I think partially my fault.
    I must've ridden at low psi while not aware too low.
    Now I ride at 23+, but I don't care for off road riding and enjoy the sharp carving.
    So far the tire looks fine.

• If I can barely push down on my tire with very little give its pretty perfect for my riding style and body weight.

• 1200 miles on 1st tire but I too failed to monitor pressure and had to change prematurely. Just cahnged 2nd OW at 1700+ miles thread starting to show on edge and leak the fluid are signs to change tire

• Is to high of pressure bad or is it the low pressure that causes premature wear? (riding on low psi sucks and effects speed riding on super high psi bounces you off due to no absorption from tire.)

• @tony420121 over 20psi isn't recommended for the stock tire. I agree w/your comments- for me tire pressure is finding that right balance between being too soft (shorter ride distance, more tire wear, etc) and too hard (feeling every little bump in the road, getting bounced off, etc). For everyone that right PSI will be different, affected by rider weight and riding prefs. For me I'm good at 15.5 - 16.5 psi.

• @CarvingUphillAVL said in What is the longest one has gone without a tire change?:

1200 miles on 1st tire but I too failed to monitor pressure and had to change prematurely. Just cahnged 2nd OW at 1700+ miles thread starting to show on edge and leak the fluid are signs to change tire

Great Scot! How long have you have your board and how often do you ride? I've only had my board since May 2016 and I'm still under 400 miles after a couple miles a day most days.

• I put about 700 miles on my first tire but I think it wore out fast because I carve alot and mostly because I had to low of air pressure..

• Changed mine at 1060 and that's since September 2016.

• @mekon I bought 2 boards 13 months ago. I kinda like riding them.

• ~1150 miles in @ 14-16psi and everything is looking fine. I can tell the edges are wearing down faster but where there is a little notch in the rubber from a piece of metal I can tell there is still a good 1/16th of an inch left before the threads.

• my brother got 1390 miles when we changed it, but then it was really fucked up...
    http://community.onewheel.com/post/32649

(hardly no offroad riding, just commuting in the city on well paved sidewalks)

• currently at 1500 miles same tire i got out of the box no problems have used quite a bit of tire slime though i do recommend it

• @jew_fro_1009 keep my psi at 25 mph ride really aggressive i weigh about 165

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.