OW+ rear grip tape and riding GOOFY

• Tried searching, haven't seen any chatter around this...

I'm not anticipating this being a huge deal really, but from what I've seen so far of the OW+ the angle of grip tape on the back pad is angled to suit a regular stance. So my left (back) foot's toe might be over the logo where there is no grip tape. Design flaw or just the incidental victim of goofy/left-handed syndrome (I'm right-handed FWIW), being the odd-man out? Not intended as critical, just wondered if it was worth a discussion.

Thoughts?

• Hard to say for sure, but it looks like that clear spot is also gripped, it's just clear tape. Maybe @MichaelW can shed some light for us?

• Hope so, I'm in the goofy crowd as well
    @jordo said in OW+ rear grip tape and riding GOOFY:

Hard to say for sure, but it looks like that clear spot is also gripped, it's just clear tape. Maybe @MichaelW can shed some light for us?

• @jordo said in OW+ rear grip tape and riding GOOFY:

Hard to say for sure, but it looks like that clear spot is also gripped, it's just clear tape. Maybe @MichaelW can shed some light for us?

I hope so. I'm regular, but ride with a duckfooted stance.

• I pointed this out in a separate discussion string and from the images I've seen, that section on the back footpad isn't covered in clear grip tape, it's just the wood. Suggest all of us goofys order a bit of grip tape, so you can do a quick upgrade when the OW+ arrives.

• If you guys look closely the lack of grip tape will work for goofy riders better!

If you ride the onewheel as a snowboarder in true duck foot stance(both feet point to each ends) then the griptape positioning will work best. Riding in duck stance is important as a snowboarder because it allows you to ride switch (fakey) more easily, so when you lead with your rear foot for spins and jumps, its pointing forward as your front foot does.

So with this info then the grip tape will only work for regular riders if they ride oldshool stance. ( both feet pointing towards the front)

I wouldn't think it's worth worrying anyway😜😜😜😜

• @thehoff agreed, def not worth worrying, but a lot of us don't ride true duck foot stance on OW. my foot goes pretty much straight across the board, and works even when I switch.

• Not sure about this... Future motion so far doesn't see this as an issue. Maybe if they get a lot of feedback on it they will make changes at that point. In the meantime I guess you could just stick a little more grip tape there like @groovyruvy suggested. Or maybe when you ride the board you won't see it as a real issue... @jordo

• @groovyruvy yeah. I definitely don't ride aggressive angles on my onewheel. Still have a slight angle towards ends but nowhere near as much as my snowboard

• @MichaelW I'm not sure either, could be a non-issue. In the promo vids it looks like they've got some riding goofy and their stance is wider, and no issues. But if the stance and foot positioning on OW+ is the same as OW, I'll probably need to add some grip tape as the ball of my foot and toes lay in that area where there's no grip tape, and I need grip there. We'll soon know once the boards arrive :)

• Never saw it as an issue @MichaelW, just trying to put minds at ease. Funny what folks find to worry about...

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.