Feeling a bit ripped off

• I have been looking at the one wheel for a year and a half, and finally decided to take the the $1500 plunge late november for a Xmas present.

Then FutureMotion goes and releases the Onewheel+ right after the holidays! I feel like the cyber sale was just a way to offload their surplus before they released the new version.

I understand that things get upgraded, but feel a bit left out to dry by the company for releasing the new version right after the big holiday buying season.

Is there a buy back program for those of us who bought in December and rode the wheel 50 miles?

I love the thing but I'm pretty miffed and feel mistreated. Capitalism.

Sorry for the whine session.

CJ

• @EmergenCJ I think there is a buy back program but I don't know details..

• Its all relative bro. Here is a story for anyone who needs some perspective. Not to make you or anyone feel bad only grateful.

The first board I bought from Ebay was new. I bought it from a guy who was super cool and while working out the details on the phone for shipment I asked why he never rode it... He paused about 5 seconds took a deep breath and told me his wife and him had bought it for her nephew for graduation. He died in a car accident before they could give it to him. He then said he didn't want to tell the story but I asked and he didn't want to lie.

Enjoy that board!! Its nearly as good as the OneWheel plus and life is too fucking short!!

• @MichaelW perfect words man. Important to keep things in perspective.

• What are you really missing out on? Footpads that will likely be backwards compatible with V1? A 'cooled' motor? 19 MPH when the V1 can already go well over 20MPH?

Is your OW now less fun for no other reason than you now possess knowledge of a newer version being released in a month?

What is the result you are hoping for from posting this here? Do you want a hug? I know a guy. Are you expecting FM to see your post, swoop in and offer to buyback all pre-holiday used V1's because some people have a bad case of FOMO? That can't possibly be it. I'm really trying to empathize with all the buyer's remorse that's currently plaguing some people's mental health on this forum, but I am struggling to understand how such a small, incrementally improved version could possibly have that big of an affect on your current V1 or your perspective of it.

You have a perfectly good OW, don't take it for granted. Enjoy the ride! If you're that broken up about a new buzzword and some racing stripes, then take action - sell it and move on with your life.

• @Rig Future Motion should send them all travel-size packets of Kleenex to soak up the tears of regret for finally owning the very thing they've wanted for so long.

• Shipping is April now on newest orders.
    Heck, order V1 now and start shredding.
    V1 rocks.

• @Rig @thegreck I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know why but all of this complaining is really getting on my nerves. The V1 is still just as awesome as it was a year ago and like I said in another post the + may have tons of problems upon release. If that is the case everyone is going to be even more pissed at FM for not having their board.

• @thegreck If people are going to collapse from heartbreak every time their current phone/car/computer/console/LMV becomes one-version behind the latest and greatest release, then they should either:

• Hover over the internet waiting for new releases and only buy them the very second they become available. Then, promptly sell it after 6 months of use and repeat.
    • Stop buying the latest everything and just buy older well-polished and proven iterations for much less money, stress, hassle, fear, crying, whining, anger, insomnia, nausea, hunger pains...
    • Seek life counseling

I can empathize with the disappointment, that you just bought a $1500 vehicle and then the new one releases without warning overnight. Bummer, sure! It sure would have been nice to pickup the new one instead, yes of course. The disappointment shouldn't linger, either sell what you have or enjoy it. However, then people start blaming Future Motion (or whatever company 'crossed them') for their own actions, and expecting Future Motion to have a buy-back program. What?! That is just flat out ridiculous, childish, and a severely warped perspective of entitlement. You made a decision, as a grown adult (presumably) on your own free will, to buy the V1. Future Motion is not at fault for that. They are not at fault for you opening it and using it. They filled your order, and shipped you what you paid for, as advertised. The company doesn't owe you anything, especially not the right to buy your used board back for no reason whatsoever.

@ahxe45 Exactly. The current state of the Boosted Board V2 pre-order fiasco is the perfect example of that. Not expecting that situation with the OW+ because the batteries are the biggest risk for delay and they didn't change between these two iterations, but it's still possible.

• @Rig The whole boosted board debacle was what I was alluding to. Thankfully nothing like that has happened with the OW and I doubt it will happen with the OW+ but I can only imagine what people would do if FM told them they couldn't ride their OW anymore and then had to ship it back for an unknown amount of time with very little answers like boosted board has done.

• I'm sorry for their loss. I deal with it in my job. Now, ride your V1 or contact the company and have them buy it back. If they refuse, ride it or sell it and get the V2. Andrew CK discusses the First World problems people face and really? You have a board that combines skating, surfing, snowboarding and whatever else with an electric brushless motor with a processor and gyros and holy shit what is that? Ride.

• Yep!

Think about the people that bought a Tesla Model X a few months ago for $150,000 only to find out that they are releasing a new one weeks later that is way better and will go full level 5 auto pilot in one year! That original model X had not even been out one year yet! Not to mention the people who got the first cars had bigger mechanical and software issues to deal with. When the people who bought the other one a week earlier (after the announcement) asked about an possible upgrade. Elon Musk told them the upgrade would cost them too much. That they would be better off selling the car and buying the new one. Too bad people! Ouch! @Rig @ahxe45 @sonny123 @thegreck

• Looking on the bright side, had FM given advanced notice pre-Christmas,
    they'd still have to wait 2-3 months for V2 to be delivered.
    That's missing out on a lot of fun with the awesome/proven V1.
    Heck, as I'm riding today, I'm not sure I'd want raised pads as I'm perfectly happy with the flat ones.
    Extra speed? Wouldn't hurt but even now my average speed is 9-11 mph.
    As others have said, I'll get the + when my V1 dies and considering the built quality, it ain't gonna be anytime soon.. hehe..

• @Rig dude. Finally someone that sees it as I do!! Ride your OW and STFU!

• @EmergenCJ said in Feeling a bit ripped off:

I have been looking at the one wheel for a year and a half, and finally decided to take the the $1500 plunge late november for a Xmas present.

Then FutureMotion goes and releases the Onewheel+ right after the holidays! I feel like the cyber sale was just a way to offload their surplus before they released the new version.

I understand that things get upgraded, but feel a bit left out to dry by the company for releasing the new version right after the big holiday buying season.

Is there a buy back program for those of us who bought in December and rode the wheel 50 miles?

I love the thing but I'm pretty miffed and feel mistreated. Capitalism.

Sorry for the whine session.

CJ

We are all allowed an occasional whine session haha...but like you said that's the way things go., it sucks....
    or....:
    good things come to those who wait!? we want to much!? blabla!?etcetc ;):):)

Also I can't imagine me trying this story on the phone I bought that's now discounted or updated...or my playstation,car,House....where does that end!?...

keep riding CJ! ;)

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.