rookie wondering...

• so i have cruised around my bedroom, hallway and living room to get the feel for the OW and have perma-grin...
    today i took it in the backyard, subtle rolling space, i thought it would be fun, i adjusted the setting to "elevated" and the OW just crawls, stops, pitches to one side and then the wheel excelerates out of control...any advice?

• Email future motion. Sounds defective to me

• Did it work fine in extreme mode?

• Is it charged? When I first got mine I was so excited I just rode and rode til it died. When it dies the nose starts to elevate higher and higher til it dumps you.

• @njcustom

if it doesn't improve i may

• @MichaelW Thank you for the thread link; I am a bigger guy 225, heavy lifter, I may need some time to get rid of the "wobbles" I have been trying to get used to standing and slow, micro maneuvers.

• @javakid it's kinda like riding a bike, when you go slow it's harder to balance..

• I guess my main thought was that I expected it to have more umph and go faster on the grass; I would balance, lean, and it would struggle to crawl, I'd lose balance, step off and the tire would then go into 'acceleration' and scoot about a foot and stop.
    I am waiting for my helmet to arrive before I try on the street.

• @javakid For the heavy riders the onewheel is also fun. . On the pavement it will ride easy. On the grass try to approach it as follows. Stand on the board, slowly start riding with short movements, dont't just lean in, it will stop. Once the board is in motion you can make more speed. Other tips. Keep tire pressure at 20-23. And keep both your feet close to the wheel and not on the outside of the board in the beginning. Have fun and practice you will ride also on the grass.

• Thank you for the tip filled reply and encouragement! @ltl said in rookie wondering...:

@javakid For the heavy riders the onewheel is also fun. . On the pavement it will ride easy. On the grass try to approach it as follows. Stand on the board, slowly start riding with short movements, dont't just lean in, it will stop. Once the board is in motion you can make more speed. Other tips. Keep tire pressure at 20-23. And keep both your feet close to the wheel and not on the outside of the board in the beginning. Have fun and practice you will ride also on the grass.

• @ltl if you weigh less then 200 pounds 20-23psi would be over inflated.. 20-23psi would be good for a heavy rider..

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.