Side-Handle and Onewheel+ News

• Just wanted to say that I talked to Future Motion, and their head engineer, Julian, has given the thumbs-up to my side-handle being used on the Onewheel+ as well. So if anyone was on the fence about ordering one because they were worried about it messing with the Hypercore, worry no longer and order away!

US orders: www.gregdigenti.bigcartel.com

UK and European customers can head over to @Jimmers75 store at http://bit.ly/29UVtN1

• As an owner of @thegreck 's side handles I can say that they really make handling and carrying the onewheel a lot easier. Particularly when carrying for any distance, it's easier to handle with it at thigh level, versus having to lift it up a bit to keep it off the ground (I'm not very tall). Quality is excellent, well designed and attaches securely to the rail.

• That's excellent news! I was worried that the + vented through the hole that your handle peg goes into, but I'm glad that's not the case.

• Covering that hole definitely concerns me, but maybe it vents out both sides so having one covered isn't an issue?

0_1487279722787_16807810_10210348388897711_789793771137816339_n.jpg

• @8bit yeah I can't quite wrap my head around how that picture clearly shows and labels some sort of venting activity going on at the exact place where the handle covers it. I'm no engineer and I haven't talked to one, but personally I would call and try to talk to one before using it.

• @RandomNate that's just the aluminum redirecting the heat towards the frame.. Not vents

• @parrothd now I get it! Thermal heat transfer. I work with sub panels that have aluminum heat sinks/fins on the side of the panel to allow for cooling through thermal convection. Bottom line, the larger Aluminum axel transfers the heat. I wonder if the v1 had an aluminum axle.

The more that comes out about the plus, the more I think they didn't actually change the motor haha. Just tweaked some design flaws to allow for better performance, such as temperature management.

• @Snurfer I have the same feeling and I work on servo/electric motors for a profession. It seems like a better optimized version of the same motor without any power differences they are just pushing it a bit harder due to improved cooling capability which makes the ride faster and smoother, there actually is no difference in the output. I actually have really good ideas on how to get even better performance out of this size of a motor.

• @Snurfer "The more that comes out about the plus, the more I think they didn't actually change the motor haha. Just tweaked some design flaws to allow for better performance, such as temperature management." Agreed.

• @s2kboy said in Side-Handle and Onewheel+ News:

@Snurfer I have the same feeling and I work on servo/electric motors for a profession. It seems like a better optimized version of the same motor without any power differences they are just pushing it a bit harder due to improved cooling capability which makes the ride faster and smoother, there actually is no difference in the output. I actually have really good ideas on how to get even better performance out of this size of a motor.
    tuning the V1
    Please share & start work on it!;)

Looks like your connection to Onewheel Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.